Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking What the Heck happened to Brahma?????

I was at Playero this morning and what did I see sitting right there in front of me with a sign that will catch anyones attention???

Brahma 6-pack for 100 pesos or buy for 16 pesos each.

What happened to the overseas beer giant that swooped in here a couple of years ago destined to slay the mighty dragon(Presidente) and restore order to this kingdom? 16 pesos????? It will bring tears to any tocanos eyes.

Matter of fact, I can't remember when I last saw a patron drinking Brahma(except AZB of course).

Is that it for the mighty Brazilian Beer of Beers? It appears that the Dominican people has spoken, "Give Me Liberty"

Remember this? http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/427...ma-beer-8.html

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe the brahma lite is drunk more than the full brahma

apostropheman

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    i believe the brahma lite is drunk more than the full brahma
    Is that anything like "The Full Monty"?

I like Brahma just fine, light, regular...matters not
    Same with Presidente and other "domestic" Dominican beer...as long as it's cold enough it's ALL good!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I think these ones went off

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Uma cerveja maravilhosa

A nice Brahma fria in Brazil is a taste to behold. They came here not to conquer the world but to grab for 7% market share which they haven't approached yet. The Lite is my brew of choice by far and hope it does not go away. And I love their 99 peso specials at Playero for 6 pequeas. That is hard to beat. they are, after all, part of Interbrew and so have a few bucks to throw around with specials.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Brahma Lite and a slice of lime beats any Corona hands down!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I had some Brahma Lite in my fridge and doncha' know it's disappeared.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They will have to throw a lot of money around to compete with the Presidente brand. Their dilemma is that as soon as they start dropping the price too much then people start looking at it as too cheap for even the choppiest of the chopos to drink. Last time I was there they were selling at the bar at 35 pesos each and still most people were drinking Presidente.

Presidente is absolutely brilliant in their marketing in The DR. They just know the market like no one else does...Almost everyone has tried and everyone has failed so far. They have relegated huge players such as Anheuser Busch, Heineken, Carlsberg, etc...to be niche players.

Interbrew's only hope is to continue to throw in more and more of their large amount of brands into the market in the hope that total sales of all their brands can amount to the market share they wish to achieve...

Oh and BTW Presidente is the fastest growing beer brand in those parts of The US where they sell them (Florida, New York, etc).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    Their dilemma is that as soon as they start dropping the price too much then people start looking at it as too cheap for even the choppiest of the chopos to drink.
    In Recife I used to drink a beer called Brahma Chopp - I assume made by the same people? So..........I guess they have the labels already printed but maybe they haven't tried importing them to here......?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My mule "Peppy" brought six cases home today.......he is now enjoying his oats!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast