What the Heck happened to Brahma?????

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I was at Playero this morning and what did I see sitting right there in front of me with a sign that will catch anyones attention???

Brahma 6-pack for 100 pesos or buy for 16 pesos each.

What happened to the overseas beer giant that swooped in here a couple of years ago destined to slay the mighty dragon(Presidente) and restore order to this kingdom? 16 pesos????? It will bring tears to any tocanos eyes.

Matter of fact, I can't remember when I last saw a patron drinking Brahma(except AZB of course).

Is that it for the mighty Brazilian Beer of Beers? It appears that the Dominican people has spoken, "Give Me Liberty"

Remember this? http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/42797-brahma-beer-8.html

A

apostropheman

i believe the brahma lite is drunk more than the full brahma

Is that anything like "The Full Monty"? ;)
:cheeky::bunny::bunny::bunny:

I like Brahma just fine, light, regular...matters not :glasses:
Same with Presidente and other "domestic" Dominican beer...as long as it's cold enough it's ALL good! :D

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think these ones went off

130608_024032_Sleeves%20convey%20Brazilian%20spirit%20of%20Brahma%20lager.jpg

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Uma cerveja maravilhosa

A nice Brahma fria in Brazil is a taste to behold. They came here not to conquer the world but to grab for 7% market share which they haven't approached yet. The Lite is my brew of choice by far and hope it does not go away. And I love their 99 peso specials at Playero for 6 pequeas. That is hard to beat. they are, after all, part of Interbrew and so have a few bucks to throw around with specials.

Reactions: FernieBee

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
They will have to throw a lot of money around to compete with the Presidente brand. Their dilemma is that as soon as they start dropping the price too much then people start looking at it as too cheap for even the choppiest of the chopos to drink. Last time I was there they were selling at the bar at 35 pesos each and still most people were drinking Presidente.

Presidente is absolutely brilliant in their marketing in The DR. They just know the market like no one else does...Almost everyone has tried and everyone has failed so far. They have relegated huge players such as Anheuser Busch, Heineken, Carlsberg, etc...to be niche players.

Interbrew's only hope is to continue to throw in more and more of their large amount of brands into the market in the hope that total sales of all their brands can amount to the market share they wish to achieve...

Oh and BTW Presidente is the fastest growing beer brand in those parts of The US where they sell them (Florida, New York, etc).

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Their dilemma is that as soon as they start dropping the price too much then people start looking at it as too cheap for even the choppiest of the chopos to drink.

In Recife I used to drink a beer called Brahma Chopp - I assume made by the same people? So..........I guess they have the labels already printed but maybe they haven't tried importing them to here......?:cheeky:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
a six pack for 100 pesos and i am ALL OVER IT! if they are still this cheap next time i come in I am buying a WHOLE FRIDGE full and gladly drink it for my duration of stay! :)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we had here several times the 3 for 100 nights,
3 big Brahmas for 100 pesos,
very few people ordered them and very most finally have their presi or bohemia in front of them before the eve ends.
for myself, i don't like it.
compared to a Corona because of a slice of lime??
wow, i would say you would also compare a budweiser to a original and in germany brewed beer.
an other problem they have here on the east in PC is their Staff contributing the Brahma, they are completely unreliable, do not fulfill their promises i.e. about bars equipments like Brahma chairs/tables/umbrellas/fridges aso, so the business owners do not think much about making Brahma-specials.
and a beer which is too cheap may leave less money in the bar owner's pocket than the others, so they don't join in a Brahma festival.
Mike

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Beer is not a matter of price, its TASTE what counts!
The only ones knowing how to brew good beer are Germans, Austrians and Czecks.
Unfortunately the only German beer widely available here is Beck's.
Not the best, but at least available.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Bob,
even that i am german myself,
yes, Belgium knows what it need's to brew a good beer, no discussion on that.
somebody mentioned Becks,
heck, that does not sound like a beer drinker to me,
Becks is one of the typical stuff filled in bottles for selling the stuff in other countries, often even filled in there.
even that i would not name it a princess or queen of beers,
from what is offered here on the island a simple presidente ranks in my own personal opinion much over the rest which is available on the streets.
Mike

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Brahma is not that bad. Personally I prefer Presidente (The old regular one, not the light crapola) or even Quilmes (I like heavier beers), but if you just want to quench your thirst and not really get too drunk Brahma is OK and the price is definitely right. It is at least comparable to Miller which a lot of jevito Dominicans think is "good", cool beer and definitely better than Budweiser.

Belgian beers are good, but I'm partial to Czech beers and some Germans. Love a good stout too.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Brahma Lite is waaaaaaaay better then Brahma. Here in Canada they sell Brahma and I wish that they sold the lite stuff.