How long/far from Sosua to Altos De Chavon

believer

Oct 12, 2005
Wondering if Sosua to Altos de Chavon can be day trip or does it require an overnight stay...If so is there nightly lodging there or is the closest La Romana? or STO

How long would a visit be there to see all there is to see there? A couple hours or a whole day?

Its on my bucket list!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
to see all at altos de chavon some hours would be o.k.,
a nice dinner would be a great finish to such.
from Sosua down there by car i would say you need some 5-6 hours one way if you know where you have to drive to, without searching for the way.
maybe a one day visit by plane would be the better idea if you wanna see the spot.
flights from Pop airport to La Romana airport should be available on daily bases,
even as excursions with a guide who shows you around.
even that i like tha place,
i would personally not name it worth the flight or a overnighter rental car visit from puerto plata/sosua, save such for your next visit to the island when you may stay on the south coast or on the east coast.
just my 2 cents
Mike

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Flight to this area from POP is short and well worth the trip. I did it a few years back. It makes for a very long day - about 12 in total if you take the tour they offer from Playa Dorada.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you can afford it, Fly. Get a car and driver. Visit Casa de Campo to see what is available there for your retirement. Visit Altos de Chavon, and finish the day with a meal at La Marina. (Try Italian)..

Should make for a memorable trip.

HB

Yeah, driving is kinda out of the question, unless you want to make a weekend of it...