Hotel Todo Blanca

gagirl

Jun 21, 2008
Can anyone give me information about this Hotel? I am returning to D.R. for third trip, but first time going to L.G. How is the beach in this area? Are there excursion or tour companies in L.G. or do you have to go back to Samana?

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Hotel Todo Blanco Las Galeras

Can anyone give me information about this Hotel? I am returning to D.R. for third trip, but first time going to L.G. How is the beach in this area? Are there excursion or tour companies in L.G. or do you have to go back to Samana?

Here is the link to the hotel web site: Hotel Las Galeras Samana - Todo Blanco and the beach in front is part of Las Galeras beach, great view from any room.
The owner is dive master, so he will give you valuable information re diving, snorkeling in the area. They are many local tour company, they will find you, if you just walk around and act as a tourist.

Good luck
WebDev

Aug 19, 2004
Have stayed here and can recommend it - very peaceful and friendly staff. Breakfast provided but when we were there (low Season) no evening meals so you would need to eat out - though this is not a problem.

Local companies provide tours - the best is taking a boat to Rincon beach. Make sure you deal with one of the boat owners directly rather than a self-appointed "tour operator".

faithie

Oct 29, 2008
This is the hotel I was interested in....do we need a car to get to restaurants for supper?
We were not planning on renting. We have 2 children ages 10 & 12 & we intended to swim, snorkel, tour to Rincon & Fronton etc. Sounds like it would be a good spot...?

faithie

Oct 29, 2008
Awesome, Thank You....

Is the beach in front of Todo Blanco a nice swimming beach for the children?

As well, and I'm asking only because of other threads here that have me a bit concerned, is it advisable or safe to walk to these restaurants? From what I gathered Las Galeras has a lower crime rate....?

Thank You again.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The water is shallow and safe but it has some stretches of coral underfoot that make it uncomfortable - you have to find the sandy patches.
It's a very short distance to the 'town centre' where there are always people around, although as with almost anywhere on earth, take a little more care at night, especially in the beach area, and make sure you don't carry valuables, just the essentials.

gagirl

Jun 21, 2008
Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to my trip in February. Hopefully we see some whales.