loan

Nov 17, 2008
anyone has it or have test it please i want to know and some other ppl too

please and thx in advance

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I have it in my call center. It is not perfect, but so far much better than anything I have experienced with Cotetel or Tricom.

Ping times are good and bandwidth is as quoted. in 4 months there has never been an outage. (knock on wood)

loan

Nov 17, 2008
mrmike where are you located and wich type of conection you have with them and for how long

have any of your client or yourself play world of warcraft and if it is lag free ??

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
I am in Santiago. I use it for a VOIP call center with 50 agents which is significantly more demanding than MMORPG's in terms of latency or "lag" as you WoW whores call it.

If it works for me to interrupt people's dinner offering them stuff then it should work for you to waste your life devolving into a flabby social retard.

Ping times to the US are usually under 100 ms and sometimes under 30 ms.

Of course I have a business connection and I doubt you are going to pay US $1500 a month to play WoW.

Feb 7, 2007
You never know...recently there's been a whole bunch of weird characters posting around here (no offense loan)

loan

Nov 17, 2008
woah mike slow down mate i play wow for fun lol, im the owner of the shop cediflor

so ya i have business too . just wana try this new guys , also how it is behave on raining day ?

cuz they have this new packages for "residencial use" that are pretty temptative and since claro si being sucking wana try something new

loan

Nov 17, 2008
hehe rubio sorry if i meant any trouble :( i just wana know about these "new kids" wind telecom

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Works fine in the rain for me. Oddly enough, Codetel and Tricom have both been known to cause me problems when it rains.Its strange because Wind Telecom is wireless and seems like it would be more sensetive to atmospheric conditions, but its not.

loan

Nov 17, 2008
thanks alot ill head to their office to see where the hotspots or "antenas" are located to see if i got one near my house so im sure i will have no trouble , and btw nice latency u have there

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is there a phone # or website that shows coverage areas in the Santiago area? Also what is the residential speed and cost?

Thank you.

track

Sep 6, 2008
No, Wind Telecom at this time is not a solution for the General Public. What Mr. Mike probably has is a Point to Point connection to the Wind Telecom Backbone. This Point to Point Wireless Link is not cheap, The radios are about $14,000.00 US Dollars. He probably payed them $5,000 - $10,000 for the instalation, anything else and I can't see how they will get the money back. The units operate in the license free spectrum and not in the license band that they should use.
In the future I can bet that they will change his equipment.
They are not ready for the WiMax, the project has been delayed, delayed ... WindTelecom Is using Codetel or Orange fiber, I can't see how MrMike is getting better pings!

:surprised For $1,500.00 US Dollars for 5 Mbps, with that kind of cash you could get more performance from Codetel or Tricom balancing the load ( Loadbalance ) and get higher speeds ( 5 Mbps x 7 = 35 Mbps ) using Codetel 5Mbps. And have 7Mbps of upload, plus backups.
If you can't get the 5Mbps then get 768Kbps x 10 and still have better performance and less cash. Build the cluster using Codetel and Tricom and ask Windtelecom for the $795.00 pesos internet and use them also, I bet they will not sell you that!.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
No, Wind Telecom at this time is not a solution for the General Public. What Mr. Mike probably has is a Point to Point connection to the Wind Telecom Backbone. This Point to Point Wireless Link is not cheap, The radios are about $14,000.00 US Dollars. He probably payed them $5,000 - $10,000 for the instalation, anything else and I can't see how they will get the money back. The units operate in the license free spectrum and not in the license band that they should use.
They are not ready for the WiMax, the project has been delayed, delayed ... WindTelecom Is using Codetel or Orange fiber, I can't see how MrMike is getting better pings!

:surprised For $1,500.00 US Dollars for 5 Mbps, with that kind of cash you could get more performance from Codetel or Tricom balancing the load ( Loadbalance ) and get higher speeds ( 5 Mbps x 7 = 35 Mbps ) using Codetel 5Mbps. And have 7Mbps of upload, plus backups.
If you can't get the 5Mbps then get 768Kbps x 10 and still have better performance and less cash. Build the cluster using Codetel and Tricom and ask Windtelecom for the $795.00 pesos internet and use them also, I bet they will not sell you that!.

Using radios for VOIP based business?? he may be experiencing a lot of lag then....

loan

Nov 17, 2008
for your information wind.com.do they ahve residential plans alredy thats why im asking hows the services and i went to their main office but i couldnt manage to see the map some friend will come to my house to test the conection he say lets wait and see

if anyone have the residential plan plz let us know

track

Sep 6, 2008
for your information wind.com.do they ahve residential plans alredy thats why im asking hows the services and i went to their main office but i couldnt manage to see the map some friend will come to my house to test the conection he say lets wait and see

The residential plans are for WindTV. Did you asked for the Internet Service?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003

I paid 2000 for installation.

This is after trying to implement a load balance/failover solution using peplink routers and 4 DSL lines from Codetel and Tricom.

On paper this would have been cheaper and faster and better but in real life it just didnt work due to the DSL lines constantly going down one after the other.

Switching to Wind Telecom has been a huge improvement for our technological infrastructure, I kept the DSL lines for a few months as backups but on the one occasion I switched to them because Wind Telecom was doing maintenance, the voice quality was so bad in comparison we decided it was better just to wait for Wind Telecom and I have since cancelled my DSL connections.

To be honest thought he latency has gotten a little worse lately since it seems Wind has added some customers to their network and there is a little more competition for bandwidth and router CPU time, truth is I havent actually seen it under 100 in awhile.

track

Sep 6, 2008

My Apologies.
I was told they are selling the service. The installation is free but you need to bye the ZyTel modem for $6,000.00 pesos, plus tax.

The lowest price is $695.00 pesos plus taxes, that's for 384/128Kbps.
Try it, let me know when they install or if you can pick up the modem and make it work the same day, like with OneMax.
Onemax has a true WiMax service and it's now $595.00 pesos.

Now, back to Mr. Mike.
Wind Telecom can sell you 2Mbps/1Mbps for just $3,760.00. Why not get 6 of the service ( 2Mbps x 6 = 12Mbps ) and ( 1Mbps x 6 = 6 Mbps) all for under $650.00 US Break the 50 users in blocks on 10 and have one line for the office and supervisor as the backup. You will reduce the cost using the same service provider.

Now, Will they provide the service with in 15 days?
I would like to know.

FYI
wind.com.do
onemax.com.do
codetel.com.do
tricom.net

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Now, back to Mr. Mike.
Wind Telecom can sell you 2Mbps/1Mbps for just $3,760.00. Why not get 6 of the service ( 2Mbps x 6 = 12Mbps ) and ( 1Mbps x 6 = 6 Mbps) all for under $650.00 US Break the 50 users in blocks on 10 and have one line for the office and supervisor as the backup. You will reduce the cost using the same service provider.

Now, Will they provide the service with in 15 days?
I would like to know.

FYI
wind.com.do
onemax.com.do
codetel.com.do
tricom.net

To make a long story short, I am in Santiago so my choices are limited. Limited even further by the fact that I am in the Free Zone, not the center of town which limits my choices even more.

Also it seems that being a call center makes many of these services reluctant to do business with me. Certainly, getting the lower residential rates is absolutely out of the question.

Aside from that, domain based security, printer and other resource sharing wold all be greatly complicated by segmenting a network into six parts.

Like I said it works on paper, but this is reality.

loan

Nov 17, 2008
The residential plans are for WindTV. Did you asked for the Internet Service?

wind.com.do

combos they have alredy internet i alredy call it and confirm it

i even investiagte i have an "antena" 2 blocks from my house si that good enough ?

loan

Nov 17, 2008
me once again

i have been searching for information

a few ppl on the are of la anacaona have trouble with the services

other ppl like luperon por el malecon and ozama side have positive feedback

i have an antena close enough i have been told i should be good but im searching for more feedback or where i could try the services since they are not giving more test to clients :(