Yuck, I think I swallowed some of them.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Ok, so my wife is back in Canada for a couple of weeks and left me here in Cabarete where I am making my own meals. No problem and tonight I figure a big salad was a healthy thing to eat so I bought a head of lettuce and other colourful miscellaneous veggies to go with the lettuce (my wife always says colour is important). I soaked and rinsed the head of lettuce in fresh water to rid it of whatever creepy crawlies, dirt and sand etc might be in it.

Once prepared, I know my wife would have been proud as the salad was very colourful and probably healthy as well.

However, about half way through eating this delectable salad, I noticed quite a few creepy crawlies that had obviously been missed. Despite the fact I was probably getting all sorts of vitamins and maybe a bit of unplanned protein and that the salad had a beautiful colour, I immediately stopped eating. They looked like small inch worms with black heads and butts and a clear light green body.

Well, I am certain these things did not settle only in the second half of my salad so I fear that some of them were consumed by me. I immediately guzzled down several large full glasses of wine (red because it is supposed to be good for old hearts) hoping the alcohol would kill them if the chewing didn?t.

So here is my question, what effect will these creepy crawlies have on me, having no doubt consumed a bunch of them?

I certainly hope I get an answer soon or I will have consumed the whole large bottle of red and then I won?t give a damn.

Thanks

Andy

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Keep drinking Andy and call a doctor in the morning. Let NOTHING get in the way of a good drunk.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Keep drinking Andy and call a doctor in the morning. Let NOTHING get in the way of a good drunk.

Thanks Alan, I knew I could count on you, a trueTexan, for an astute diagnosis and good advice. I'll keep drinking.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I would have done a few shots of whiskey and/or tequila...that would definitely kill them and if not you'd be too drunk to notice anyway.

Reactions: FernieBee

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I am sure from the concern being shown by others Andy that there is NO chance of your digestive track being compromised with these little creepies! You have most likely had worse in many a Cabarete & Sosua restaurant & not realised it!

Next time you prepare salad (or the like) separate the leaves & when rinsing add a teaspoon of salt. I am told it kills the buggers off & if there are enough you can mix them in to minced beef to make burgers with!! (You can check that with Rocky's friend STEVIE!).

If you have a queasy stomach tomorrow, pop across to our place & we'll share a bottle of Famous Grouse or a decent single Malt together - I hate being in the company of creepy crawlies & will need to join you to settle my aversion too!!! ~ Grahame.

Mar 2, 2008
If you are asking if you made the correct choice of wine, I would say you did. However, there are some who think the worms more resemble fish, and therefore select a modest, but full-bodied white wine.

It's really a matter of personal taste.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ever thought of going on "im a celebrity get me out of here"- I lost track of it since i moved here but the last one i saw they were eating fish eyes and kangeroo penis yum yum - doesnt seem so bad now a few little grubs lol

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
The title to your thread really intrigued me. Then I read that you are a guy. That spoiled the fantasy. Keep drinking it may take a while to get rid of those little bastards.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
bad bad 44, he he
hey Andy,
still alive??
mean you, not the wormies,
some good whiskeuys should kill 'em,
a good wine is never a bad idea at any time, even that i would not count on it to kill wormies.
looks like those wormies live from eating good salad,
so at least they should've entered your body healthy, ha ha ha
Mike

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
is this the little chappie

314972695_166f6c0fe9.jpg

aross

Nov 15, 2007
bad bad 44, he he
hey Andy,
still alive??
mean you, not the wormies,
some good whiskeuys should kill 'em,
a good wine is never a bad idea at any time, even that i would not count on it to kill wormies.
looks like those wormies live from eating good salad,
so at least they should've entered your body healthy, ha ha ha
Mike

Yep, 24 hours later and still going strong. But just in case, I think I had better go to Jazz Night at the Pelican tonight and try Bush Baby or Mike's suggested remedies and have a couple of swigs from a bottle of Famous Grouse or a decent single Malt or any other fine Whisky (wish you were there to join me Grahame and Mike). This could become a nightly ritual until I know that for certain the little critters are dead.

Why, with any luck I?ll get enough suggested remedies like this to keep me going for a couple of months ? I am sure at least one of them will eventually work.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
urgent!

aross, i just spoke to our pharmacist and he is really concerned. those buggers live long so you will have to continue your therapy for at least three days! ;)

aross

Nov 15, 2007
aross, i just spoke to our pharmacist and he is really concerned. those buggers live long so you will have to continue your therapy for at least three days! ;)

I'd like another opinion please, three days is way too short a time. Your pharmacist must be a tea tottler (sp?)

JRMirador

Snap!
Oct 15, 2008
Las Lomas de Azua
I'd like another opinion please, three days is way too short a time. Your pharmacist must be a tea tottler (sp?)

tee?to?tal?er, is that good with vodka?

I've always stumbled on that one. Here's one account of its origin.

"One account of the origin of the word attributes its origin to a meeting of the Preston Temperance Society in May 1832. This society was founded by Joseph Livesey, who was to become a leader of the Temperance movement and the author of "The Pledge" ("we agree to abstain from all liquors of an intoxicating quality whether ale, porter, wine or ardent spirits, except as medicine.") The story attributes the word to Dickie Turner, a member of the society, who had a stammer, and in a speech said that nothing would do but "tee-tee-total abstinence." The phrase stuck."

teetotaler