thank you from the Orphanages in Higuey

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i want to say a big thank you to all travelers from this bord who bring aside their bathing suits those great and highly appreciated donations for the children of the dominican republic.
due to those generous bordmembers me and my 'Boss' Tania been again able to deliver yesterday morning 6 large travel bags of needed items to the Orphanage's home in Higuey.
the items included a large number of first aid med kits, daily needed househeld meds, clothing, notebooks, 2 bags of toys which we had preset so each boy got His toys, calculators, notebooks, coloring books for the smaller ones, shoes and thanks to Lynn and Gregg now they have set up in the garden a badminton and volleyball area.
thanks a lot to everybody who distributed to this donation.
Mike
helpkids@mikesmarina.info

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Very cool Mike. Good for you. I think it is very important to tell the board what is being done with the donations!

As we approach Christmas,with the economic issues worldwide, we need all the help we can get here.

For our upcoming visitors - please remember to bring a little something to help out! Thanks.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right,
it is not 1 person/couple bringing a large amount of stuff who makes a difference, it is always the big bunch of people who bring something each and make all together a difference.
Mike

bookbox

Feb 16, 2008
For our upcoming visitors - please remember to bring a little something to help out! Thanks.

I'd love to help out in any way that I can. What sort of things are needed? Who can we contact when we get to Punta Cana?

Let me provide a list for you or anyone else who might be interested in helping....
Here is a list of some good donations ...
There are many things that will go easy in luggage and be useful.
For example:
Children’s chewable Multi vitamins (no iron)
Powdered protein drinks
Cheese or peanut butter cracker packs, (thanks Lynn)
Tuna or salmon foil sealed packs
Instant oat meal packs
Whole grain Granola bars
Seeds or nuts
Powdered milk
------------------
Tylenol
Band-Aids
Alcohol mini pads (in the foil)
Calamine lotion
Topical anti bacterial cream
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Dental floss
Deodorants
Soap
shampoo
Diapers (large toddler size, pull-ups)
Skin lotion
Chap stick
Nail clippers
---------------------------
House hold items
Sponges
Zip lock bags
Sticky bug traps
Air fresheners (for the bathroom )
Dish towels
----------------------------
School items
Calculators
Marble composition books
Any Spanish related reading material (coloring
books, dictionary’s, reading)
Math flash cards
Chunky erasers
Paper scissors (no pointed tips)
Crayons
Pencil sharpeners (hand held)
Colored pencils
Scotch tape
Mini staplers (they come in a package with refills)
Glue sticks
Pens and pencils
Chalk

Thanks for thinking about the Children
Hlywud
Director BTBCF

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's the complete list WUD.
for contacting you can always drop me a PM here on DR1 or send a e-mail to helpkids@mikesmarina.info
please contact me always on time, not after you arrived for just a 1 week stay, punta cana is a wide area and i am not every day near every resort in the area, so we can set up a day and time to meet at your hotel which suits your vacation shedules and my own rides on our glorious off road highways, ha ha.
Mike

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
Mike - Thanks for bringing attention to the orphanage in Higuey. I arrange many community projects and donations from clients who want to give back to the community and after reading about the orphanage I went to see what was needed. With Chiquito by my side the whole time, they took me around and let me know what they need the most. I was very glad to see how happy all of the children are and that the people operating the orphanage care so much and take excellent care of them. I'm happy that I have a group coming soon that will be able to assist with the majority of the list that was provided to me of what they need. Please let me know if you have any other community centers or schools that are in need so that I can see if I can help.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Shelly,
thanks a lot.
Ciquito is the special boss of the crowd in higuey, ha ha.
there's no way to do a step without him at your side.
aside of our sssistance to most public schools in the area with a special point on the Orphanages in higuey, my buddy PCMike is doing a great job at a originally very poor and unequipped school in the whole in bavaro/friusa, and there are huge changes to seen.
you may also want to contact him on vienemo@yahoo.com
the orphanages will now on x-mas week receive their next visit from Tia Lea, she's the angel of that house.
Mike

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
More Thanks to shellygirl327!

Its so great to hear so much being done for the orphanage in Higuey, Thanks Mike.

I also have to give a HUGE shout out to shellygirl327, A regular on DR1 for encouraging her clients to make donations to the same ophanage. As a result on wednesday the ophanage was presented with numerous Bunkbeds, bedding, baseballs, school desks, school books, tons of toys, a months worth of groceries, shoes, clothes etc etc..

I know shellygirl327 worked really hard getting everything together and had the tiresome task of buying everything as she didnt want to dissapoint.

They even painted all of the dorms to make it a little more cheery!

Thanks again shelly xx

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's a great move for x-mas, wonderful.
Lea will visit dec 26th for the new year's fill up,
she always spend the whole day there playing with the boys.
me and the Mrs have several bags of x-mas presents ready to go there with Lea, too.
thanks a bunch for that great support.
they still have to survive on a 'huge' $300.- monthly gubmin support,
so all your tasks are highly appreciated.
enjoy the weekend everybody
Mike

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
If it is possible maybe you could take/post some photographs of all the children playing volleyball etc?

Im sure everyone would love to see the smiles on their faces, It may also encourage others to contribute in the future, which i am sure you would be most greatful for.