Codetel?s deteriorating service...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Long post and rant...

I?ve been noticing an increase in complaints against Codetel service in the last 5 months that coincide with the takeover Slim have made over the previous Verizon but I just didn?t care as long as I had my service up and running.

Well 25 days ago I moved from the Metaldom area to Evaristo Morales so 3 days before the move I called them to request the change of address in the line, 8 hours after I called they took off the Internet and the other day the line from the old house, I wanted to do some things online but I figured that I better wait until they install the line in the other house. After I moved 1 week passed and no tech in sight (for the people that comunicates a lot over email and/or and use VOIP services to talk abroad would understand how serious 1 week without the internet is), I called them the next monday and really pushed to have my internet and phone line installed as soon as posible and they finally went on WEDNESDAY, you can imagine how ****ed off I already was but oh well they already were there and I finally would have internet and the phone line.

They installed the line, and the DSL signal was sent the next day (thursday), I was really happy until I tried to make a phone call. Calls wouln?t go outbound only inbound, so there I was calling 220-1111 again and getting a ticket ready for that. The techs went to the house again on monday (yesterday) and were able to fix the problem of outbound calls but in the process they managed to screw up the internet service but didn?t care and left, when I arrived from work and found out I was so ****ed that if I was able to get a Codetel Supervisor on the phone le iba a mentar la madre, el padre, el hijo y al perro.

I coulnd?t reach them because my brother had already called and report it and the voice system they have won?t allow you to talk to a service agent 2 times from the same phone number if that number has been reported already.

What?s more they changed the phone number that we had for over 17 years a 533-XXXX for a 741-XXXX allegedly because of a change in the zone.

Since Slim took over Codetel is becoming a huge POS. The worst part is Tricom is having serious trouble financially and aren?t able to provide better service even if they wanted to. If I was millionaire I would invest in Tricom and take over Codetel and their awful service.

track

Sep 6, 2008
Everyone was expecting the same.
The reality is, that's not correct. You and many other have, had and will have this kind of problems, even if the company is own by GTE, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, NTE or what ever.

The infrastructure is maintained by the same companies that provide the equipment, Nortel, Emerson, AT&T, Lucent-Acatel, Cisco, ...

Tricom and Codetel are updating the equipment to provide better service, and soon you will be able to keep the same number even if you switch from another company. At this time they will not do that. Faster Internet, Video, ...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Well I work in the telecommunications area too, and I quite understand the ongoings operations inside those companies, but what I mean is the lack of service, maybe understaffed in terms of techs. When I was in Las Vegas Cox Communications would solve any technical problems that I had with the Internet in 2 or 3 days max. With codetel is going 16 days and counting...