El Cata - Loca Con Su Tiguere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lace345

Nov 18, 2008
ok what does this translate into my slang is descent but there are a few words i don't get like el nueve i know it means the number nine and there is a place in the DR people call el trese or 13 and it's pretty poor area is that what they mean by nueve just another trese I understand a lot of it but if someone could translate for me thanks.

Ella ta por mi y por ti borro y eso que tu tiene to y yo ni un kiki

Tu rueda en un BM to la vaina con de to,
vive en un cason con picina en el millon,
come de lo bueno, viste de lo caro, joven empresario que fuma buen abano,
mi casa e de sin y me mojo cuando llueve, si me tiro pa lomina me quedo en el nueve,
luchi con el billa y mafu cuando empeno, manlleo si e que jayo y si no hay toy feo,
tu apuesta a la carrera y practica al polo, yo apuesto al ma jodio y siempre ando en bolo,
tu rueda bajo aire, yo bajo el solazo, tu bebe perinon y yo bebo agua en jarro,

Ella e loca con su tiguere, loca loca loca
ella e loca con su tiguere, tu suave

ella e loca con su tiguere, me tiene sultio

tu la saca a casa e campo yo la llevo a bocachica,
tu la baja a cabare yo la etrallo en la matica

tu le rueda a tony y romo, y le gata un billeton, yo la invito a villa mella y la jalto e chicharron

ella e loca con su tiguere, con su tiguere

Ella ta pol mi y pol ti borro...

musica............... tu ta chari con mily

Tu viaja pa lo USA y te da bueno Resort, yo viajo si pa Herrera y me doy mi chapuson
tu tiene to mangao si embargo te dien borra, el nueve ta por mi porque tengo pila e cotorra

ella e loca con su tiguere, con su tiguere

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
She wants me, and ereased you (forgot about you), even though you have cash and I have nothing....

Tu rueda en un BM to la vaina con de to,
You roll around in a BM, full with all the works.

vive en un cason con picina en el millon,
Live in a mansion in el Millon (nice area of SD)

come de lo bueno, viste de lo caro, joven empresario que fuma buen abano,
Eat well, dress nice, young business cat who smokes the fancy stuff,

mi casa e de sin y me mojo cuando llueve, si me tiro pa lomina me quedo en el nueve,
My house has a zinc rough, I get wet when it rains, if I go to Los Minas, I'll end up at el Nueve (a mass bus transit stop in SD - on Autopista Duarte)

luchi con el billa y mafu cuando empeno, manlleo si e que jayo y si no hay toy feo,
mumble mumble mumble (I need a better Spanish lyric for this)

tu apuesta a la carrera y practica al polo, yo apuesto al ma jodio y siempre ando en bolo,
You bet on the race and play polo, I always bet on the wrong one and am always on foot.

tu rueda bajo aire, yo bajo el solazo, tu bebe perinon y yo bebo agua en jarro,
You ride in AC and I roll under the sun and I drink water from a large jug.

She's crazy about her "thug" (not the literal kind), crazy, crazy, crazy

tu la saca a casa e campo yo la llevo a bocachica,
You take her to Casa de Campo and I take her to Boca Chica

tu la baja a cabare yo la etrallo en la matica
You take her to Cabarete and I "do" her at "La Matica"

tu le rueda a tony y romo, y le gata un billeton, yo la invito a villa mella y la jalto e chicharron
You take her to Tony Roma and spend a fortune, I take her to Villa Mella and give her pork rinds....

Tu viaja pa lo USA y te da bueno Resort, yo viajo si pa Herrera y me doy mi chapuson
You travel to the States and go the resorts, I travel to Herrera and take a dive in a pool (river)

tu tiene to mangao si embargo te dien borra, el nueve ta por mi porque tengo pila e cotorra
You're supposed to be the man, that girl (el nueve) is after me because I do it right and have game...

etc etc etc.

Notes:

1) Nueve equals two things: A location (a bus stop) or a person, (used a noun) example: "Tu lo conoces a ese nueve?" (Do you know that dude)

2) The song is basically saying I have Game, meaning you might have all the cash, but I'll still get your girl.

3) I fulfills that "Dominican Tiguere" image that no matter how much cash the Dominican tiguere can get any girl, anywhere, anyhow because of how he speaks.

4) For as much as the rich despise the poor, the poor equally look at the rich as "chopos" and feel that though they have cash they lack that certain "gift" which only the barrio boys have and which the upperside girls love. It's that slumming aspect. The sanky disease etc....It happens.

Mr. Lu

Last edited:
Reactions: M.A.R.

Lace345

Nov 18, 2008
thank you you cleared it up quite a bit for me. i understood a lot of it but some of the things i didn't so thanks for that

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Good translation Mr. Lu... You forgot a few things, but good one nonetheless. I was waiting to see some people here take a stab at it and see if they even understood what the song says. It definitely is mostly Dominican slang...you understand it pretty well.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
good translation....

luchi con el billa y mafu cuando empeno, manlleo si e que jayo y si no hay toy feo

I'll try to translate the bold part

I eat if I find something if not i'm looking bad.........(I think he try to use the italian word for eating (mangia))

btw: i love this song, what is the genre anyone know? I love El Cata's voice, esa voz de tecato like Tego Calderon, lol............

its funny when he says 'yo la etrayo en la Matica........and the one about 'filling her up with 'chicharron' pork rinds and she's still happy......awwhhh women love a bad boy.

May 12, 2005
I believe that La Nueve is the salida on the Autopista into Santo Domingo where all the guguas y publicos are. You would get off here to go to Herrera. Not far from the giant Carrefor Supermercado.

Mar 2, 2008
Nice work Mr. Lu. I learned a lot through your translation.

Sort of reminds me of the Johnny Rivers' song, "Poor side of town", with a Dominican twist.

I'd like to see more of these translations of Dominican lryics containing spanish slang. It is very interesting, and gives a real insight to the culture.

Thank you.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
good translation....
btw: i love this song, what is the genre anyone know? I love El Cata's voice, esa voz de tecato like Tego Calderon, lol............

its funny when he says 'yo la etrayo en la Matica........and the one about 'filling her up with 'chicharron' pork rinds and she's still happy......awwhhh women love a bad boy.

If he pinched his nose with a clothes peg he would sound more like him ;) But he doesn't have that Tego lisp....

MAR, now all the DR1 guys know what a woman's idea of a perfect date is....we're in trouble now!!! ;)

Montreal

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Here is the video:

El Cata - Loca por Su Tiguere

As per the song itself, its one of those things where the poor guy reaffirms himself by explaining that "no matter how much money you got, I can still get your girl." In Santo Domingo this dichotomy is especially important. Why? Because many guys feel that they can't get a girl, not because they aren't good looking enough, but because they haven't got the cash. So for a certain few the ability to take your girl from you is a plus. It's like a chess match and the ultimate "prize" is your girl. Mind you that the woman in this scenario is used as an object, but in many cases, with many Dominican women that is of no concern.

There is also some truth to the whole, girls love a "thug" mentality and though many women like that whole fashionista lifestyle and hanging out shopping on Lincoln, many of them and I mean many, yearn for the "intrigue" that a "barrio" boy can bring. Like I said that Sankie disease.

Also, its that raw aspect that barrio boys feel they can "do it" better that is also of some pride. So they might say you got the Beamer, "but your woman thinks of me when she's in bed with you"......Some call it slumming or hanging on the other side of the tracks whatever it be......

As per the language itself, it's very very barrio, very colloquial. When speaking these words, especially if you are a foreigner, be careful. Though understanding them and using them in everyday language could be a plus for you, demonstrating your grasp of the language and endearing your to the masses that utilize this vernacular, verbalizing these words in the improper context could denote some sort of social demarcation.

For example if you use the word "mangar" or the phrase "tu ta cloro" (which means you understand - vulgarization of the phrase "Tu ta claro") it would become quite evident that you hang out in a barrio. And though saying that while in a barrio is ok, saying that while in the D.N. could get you odd looks, especially if you are a foreigner.

Conversely, using a phrase like "eso ta fashion" or "eso ta full" (both meaning cool) in a barrio would denote you come from a richer part of town, once again a different dichotomy in itself.

Mind you the social statuses presented by a difference in language and vocabulary and how through language the author has empowered himself, and those like him, to have more of a value than a man who society would deem of greater value, just because he has money. Once again the object (which can be deemed positive or negative) is the woman.

Also, look at the relation between man and woman as in SD a rich woman would "never" been seen in public with a poor man. They might have a behind the scenes things, but never in public, never at a club, never at a restaurant. Yet, a rich man can and is seen in public with a woman who is "clearly" of a lower class and it is not a problem. Once again it is the different standards clearly defined here with the value of men and women differing and the social roles clearly playing out.

It's the struggles between rich and poor.

Just providing perspective.....

And on a final note, how Dominican is it for a man to go for some other guy's girl and a girl to go with another man even though she is in a relationship.....

Mr. Lu

Reactions: montreal

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

This is a version of Mambo/Swing, in the Dominican sense, not the US sense. The style, the low, slow, delivery has been made popular by Omega.

And please let's not compare El Cata to Tego...Tego is a real artists, this guy el Cata...well ...eh...

Mr. Lu

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
And on a final note, how Dominican is it for a man to go for some other guy's girl and a girl to go with another man even though she is in a relationship.....

Mr. Lu

Is that a question? If so, it doesn't need an answer does it. This phenomenon isn't exclusively Dominican, it's how the world gets down. Lots of people have something to prove in able to feel good about themselves. Plus, the grass is always greener on the other side...

Montreal

BTW Nice post ;)

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Yeah but...

Is that a question? If so, it doesn't need an answer does it. This phenomenon isn't exclusively Dominican, it's how the world gets down. Lots of people have something to prove in able to feel good about themselves. Plus, the grass is always greener on the other side...

Montreal

BTW Nice post ;)

But Dominicans have mastered this. If infidelity were a sport....and what do you mean by grass? I have my ideas....

Montreal vive!!!! Est-ce que tu as apparaitu en fin?? Ou est-ce que tu t'as cache...:ermm: Si je te veux trouver je seulement dois jeter un coup d'?il ici, eh??

Tu as lis tout le post que j'ai ecri et tu ne t'endormir pas? Merci.....

Monsieur Lu

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
But Dominicans have mastered this. If infidelity were a sport....and what do you mean by grass? I have my ideas....

Montreal vive!!!! Est-ce que tu as apparaitu en fin?? Ou est-ce que tu t'as cache...:ermm: Si je te veux trouver je seulement dois jeter un coup d'œil ici, eh??

Tu as lis tout le post que j'ai ecri et tu ne t'endormir pas? Merci.....

Monsieur Lu

Je connais tr?s bien ton id?e de gazon mon homme!!!

Je n'ai jamais disparu....et tu n'as pas a regarder loin pour me trouver....

Tu ne m'endors jamais, tu le sais bien :cheeky: On se reparle ce soir?

D...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Dios mio el hombre habla france tambien, the sexiest language in the world, lol ;), mama mia!!! i mean , ou lala!!!

btw: I don't know anything about El Cata, he's not an artist? well he sounds great, y tiene flow.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
!!!

Tu ne m'endors jamais, tu le sais bien :cheeky: On se reparle ce soir?

D...

Gazon, gazon S.V.P. Oui je l'aime. C'est mon vice, mais seulement si le gazon est bien coupe :squareeye

Et n'est pas vrai, j'ai regarde plus loin et je te trouve ici...de tout fa?on si j'ai ?nergie je serai la...

Monsieur Lu

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

Dios mio el hombre habla france tambien, the sexiest language in the world, lol ;), mama mia!!! i mean , ou lala!!!

btw: I don't know anything about El Cata, he's not an artist? well he sounds great, y tiene flow.

Cata is an artist, I just love Tego and in Spanish no one compares to him...

Regardless, the song is good.

Mr. Lu

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Originally Posted by montreal

Tu ne m'endors jamais, tu le sais bien On se reparle ce soir?

D...

Gazon, gazon S.V.P. Oui je l'aime. C'est mon vice, mais seulement si le gazon est bien coupe

Et n'est pas vrai, j'ai regarde plus loin et je te trouve ici...de tout fa?on si j'ai ?nergie je serai la...

Monsieur Lu

Ok Mr. Lu I thought you didnt like people writing in another language other than English, remember? as much as I love french but ..................oh can you do a video where you speak french? s'il vous plais......did i spell that right? I need lessons.................;)

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Gazon, gazon S.V.P. Oui je l'aime. C'est mon vice, mais seulement si le gazon est bien coupe :squareeye

Monsieur Lu

Bien coup?? Est-ce que nous parlons de la m?me chose Lu? Ou de ton autre "vice"? ;)

Je t'ai cherch? aussi...je crois que tu auras l'energie...pour moi :cheeky:

A+

D...

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Ok Mr. Lu I thought you didnt like people writing in another language other than English, remember? as much as I love french but ..................oh can you do a video where you speak french? s'il vous plais......did i spell that right? I need lessons.................;)

Sorry MAR! We broke the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.