Moving to Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I am moving to Puerto Plata in January or February of the new year. I have finally found some employment in the DR. And I would like to know where are the places to go. And the places to stay away from. I have been to the DR (Punta Cana and Higuey) before and I love the people. But, I am also aware that there are people that do prey on strangers. I am here to have a good time. Do my job and get some good relaxation after work and on the weekends. Have a good drink and some friendly company. Any suggestion would be grateful. You can contact me here or via e-mail at osanhopps@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Osanhopps:alien:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The only places off limits are the downtown barrios after dark - places like Aguas Negras, Playa Oeste etc. These areas are ok in the daytime but I wouldn't advise night visits. There are lots of suggestions for restaurants, discos & clubs already posted if you would like to do a search using the board search tool (on blue bar near top of page). Welcome to Puerto Plata! :).

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Hello Everyone,

I am moving to Puerto Plata in January or February of the new year. I have finally found some employment in the DR. And I would like to know where are the places to go. And the places to stay away from. I have been to the DR (Punta Cana and Higuey) before and I love the people. But, I am also aware that there are people that do prey on strangers. I am here to have a good time. Do my job and get some good relaxation after work and on the weekends. Have a good drink and some friendly company. Any suggestion would be grateful. You can contact me here or via e-mail at osanhopps@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Osanhopps:alien:

Just to inform you again. You will be over 2 hours away from Puerto Plata. You will be working much closer to Nagua. If you know some Spanish you will be fine in the Nagua hot spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.