Translation question-Besha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas10

Jun 18, 2004
What is the meaning (in engish) if "besha" ? My friend just wrote "FELIZ DE SER TAN BESHA!!!!!!

Muchas gracias

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Happy to be so beautiful...

If the person who is writing to you is from Argentina or Uruguay it is understandable...otherwise, some one is putting you on..

HB

Chas10

Jun 18, 2004
What is the meaning (in engish) if "besha" ? My friend just wrote "FELIZ DE SER TAN BESHA!!!!!!

Also, someone wrote "demasiado alamte" ? "alamte"?

Muchas gracias

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Besha could be a way of spelling "bella" or beautiful. It sounds as if the person who wrote it was Spanish (from Spain) and wrote it out as it is pronounced.

As for "Alamte" could be an improper (misspelled) way of the word "alante." In the context of the phrase it means "I'm too in front," or "Too Good"

Mr. Lu

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
in Portuguese "besha" = gay person. If your friend is from brazil this could change the translation dramatically ;-)

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Feliz de ser tan besha = Happy to be so beatiful.

Besha is a fancy way to pronounce "bella" which means beatiful.

JRMirador

Snap!
Oct 15, 2008
Las Lomas de Azua
Dominicans pronounce "bella" as "besha" because it sounds cute and endearing, much like the song "Cocha Pechocha" by Los Mel?dicos.

(cosa preciosa)

"... Nena, me cuchurro que cocha pechocha, tu eres mi coraz?n... tu eres mi dulce amor... Paren, paren, cocha pechocha..."

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Dominicans pronounce "bella" as "besha" because it sounds cute and endearing, much like the song "Cocha Pechocha" by Los Mel?dicos.

(cosa preciosa)

"... Nena, me cuchurro que cocha pechocha, tu eres mi coraz?n... tu eres mi dulce amor... Paren, paren, cocha pechocha..."

That's a ch sound, not sh.

Chas10

Jun 18, 2004
Meaning of Besha

Thanks to all for your replies. Very informative!

My friend's use of this phrase is an example of a "cute" (innocent) habit of Dominican women/s or muchachas calling themselves "cute" "beautiful" etc.

We consider that being "conceited" Again, the way they do it is perfectly innocent in my book

Look at their postings on Hi5 etc..

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

(cosa preciosa)

really??? never knew that, seriously...

May 31, 2005
Yeah. And my teenage cousins are posting comments on my hi5 page that say que dinda esta mi prima. I am guessing that dinda is linda. I do not know where they get these words.

Status
Not open for further replies.