Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for nice hotel near US Consulate in Santo Domingo

Can anyone refer me to a nice but not real expensive hotel within easy walking distance of the US Consulate in Santo Domingo? Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I think your best bet.........

.........would be Hotel Lina...............

and you can easily walk it.................since we have done that at least 10 times over the years...........

809-563-5000

http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels.../Lina/Home.htm

Post Thanks / Like

The Marriott on Máximo Gómez is nearer and nicer.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

A less expensive alternative is the Hotel Residence City on José Contreras # 28B just a few blocks from Máximo Gómez.

List of Hotels in Santo Domingo (City) on the net (links) - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

As Chirimoya said, the Courtyard Marriot is half a block away (40 steps walking) from the US consulate and is a nice hotel.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

teatro jardines

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I second (or third) the recommendation of the Marriott Courtyard. Ive stayed there several times and have zero complaints.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks to all

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Chicas?

Quote Originally Posted by Celt202 View Post
    A less expensive alternative is the Hotel Residence City on José Contreras # 28B just a few blocks from Máximo Gómez.

List of Hotels in Santo Domingo (City) on the net (links) - DR1 Dominican Republic Forums
    Celt...... I'm sure you would'nt recommend hotels that were not chica friendly but could you tell us if there is any charge for an overnight guest? With the economy the way it is every dollar counts. Thanks in advance.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acmike View Post
    Celt...... I'm sure you would'nt recommend hotels that were not chica friendly but could you tell us if there is any charge for an overnight guest? With the economy the way it is every dollar counts. Thanks in advance.
    The owner of the Residence City is a German who is fluent in English and Spanish and he's anything friendly. If you want to bring one of your chopa girlfriends there send an e-mail and ask. They are very good at answering e-mails.

Some Australian friends of mine who own a small hotel in Rio de Janeiro spent a month there last summer on my recommendation. They found the e-mail communications swift and reliable and were very happy with their stay.

It's twice the walking distance from the Consulate as the Marriot Courtyard, and is in walking distance of 4 or 5 reasonable places to eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast