Looking for nice hotel near US Consulate in Santo Domingo

ray unrath

Dec 28, 2007
Can anyone refer me to a nice but not real expensive hotel within easy walking distance of the US Consulate in Santo Domingo? Thanks

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
As Chirimoya said, the Courtyard Marriot is half a block away (40 steps walking) from the US consulate and is a nice hotel.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Celt...... I'm sure you would'nt recommend hotels that were not chica friendly but could you tell us if there is any charge for an overnight guest? With the economy the way it is every dollar counts. Thanks in advance.
The owner of the Residence City is a German who is fluent in English and Spanish and he's anything friendly. If you want to bring one of your chopa girlfriends there send an e-mail and ask. :p They are very good at answering e-mails.

Some Australian friends of mine who own a small hotel in Rio de Janeiro spent a month there last summer on my recommendation. They found the e-mail communications swift and reliable and were very happy with their stay.

It's twice the walking distance from the Consulate as the Marriot Courtyard, and is in walking distance of 4 or 5 reasonable places to eat.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com

JaraChica

Nov 9, 2011
www.squidoo.com
HELP!!!! I need to renew my kids US passports tomorrow and I can't figure out an address for the consulate, I can only find the Embassy address online! I would post a new thread, but I can't figure out how!