Acupuncture - pref. east coast area

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I suffer from a recurring lower-back problem which recently came back with a vengeance after 13 pain-free years. Last time it struck acupuncture seemed to do the trick where all else had failed (orthopaedic surgeon, physio, chiropractor, osteopath, bedrest, yoga). I've given it about 10 days and it has not gotten any better, so I really need to consider treatment: anyone know of a good acupuncturist in my neck of the woods (Punta Cana)?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Maybe check some of the hotel spas? Los Corales appears to offer acupuncture at its spa (scroll down)
Dominican Republic Vacation - Condominium

And if Feng Shui would do it (same principles, different methodology I gather) the Hotel Melia Caribe Tropical appears to offer courses so the instructors might be able to work on you.
Feng Shui Art Center by Olga Garcia - Cursos presenciales en Punta Cana, (Rep?blica Dominicana)

Sorry, no idea what these practitioners are like but maybe it's a starting point.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Feng shui? Isn't that more to do with home decoration? :D

My now permanent connection problem (remember Melmac systems?) means I can't open most links, and that's why I haven't done the obligatory Googling, but I will contact the spas, thanks!

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Natural Center

Check out Flavio Acuna in Los Corales. He does all sorts of Chinese medicine, massage therapy, Reflexolgy, Acupuncture.......
He has 4 #s on his brochure
809-849-9011
809-210-3150
809-712-6518
809-914-0653
he may be the only one in the area with such a business.
My husband saw him a few times on our last trip for back problems. He was booked for surgery when we got home but his back went out when we were there. Flavio got him feeling good again. I would highly recommend him!!!

Reactions: Chirimoya

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I went to see Flavio Acu?a this morning. The results are very good, so far. I was really impressed with the spa too and made an appointment for some non-essential treatments while I was at it.

Thanks robbie and Lambada for the recommendations.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Happy it worked out for you!

I'm glad you got in quick! He's a busy guy, but does great work IMO. I will probably be making an appointment to see him in January when I'm there, got this nagging neck pain.....