Best English Fish & Chips!

Jul 18, 2008
For those not in the know, try The City of York Bistro in the Ocean Dreams Plaza in Cabarete. Friday night special Fish & Chips, superb, followed by Adele's home made Apple Pie and Cream!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just like home................

Simon

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Will give that a shot one of these days based on your recommendation.
Fish n chips only on Friday night?

It's their last chance with me... the sandwiches I've had during the day were, uhm.. not so good.

Reactions: FernieBee

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
my recommendations is try it if u don't like it just spit out in their face.
i know u will trust me

Yeah, I'm sure that particular tactic is at the top of "How to Make Friends and Influence People." :paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
Has anyone had the fish and chips at City of York recently? I notice the last post on it was almost a year ago. I'm looking for a good place for fish and chips in/around Cabarete or Sosua, and haven't found any other posts anywhere.. With all the Brits in the area, I thought there'd be a few.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
It doesn't normally open in the evenings now. However, there are a group of us going tonight so they are opening specially. Will give you a report on Monday, haven't eaten there before but they seem like a really nice family!

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Fish & Chips

For British Fish and Chips, there is one place, one place only... THE BRITISH BULLDOG, SOSUA BEACH... great food and great hosts in Charlie & Vanessa.

J&T

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Britannia pub in Sosua has the best english style fish and chips in the area. Ate there last Saturday.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Yes, Britannia does have some of the best "fish & chips" in Sosua. To bklyn: they are located on pedro clisante a few restaurants past Club X on the right side heading towards the beach. They used to have a Saturday "happy hour" special for 99pesos. Pretty good onion rings too.