Winter winds???

erna

Oct 21, 2008
Hi Everybody
I read in DR1 news that winter winds are comming over DR with a temperature between 21 C and 29 C :paranoid:
Well, here in Sweden there are winter, its cold. Temperature between -5 C and up to about 5 C :). I have just brought in wood and pellets to make it warm and nice inside. And outside it?s totaly white right now. I wich I knew how to put in a picture here so you could see and compare:)

Enjoy the cool
Carina

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Don't throw away your thermal underwear just yet, Carina - I read in yesterday's newspaper that the temp went down to 12 C in Constanza (Central Highlands) this week. :D

Sanation

May 21, 2007
Don't worry, Carina, there are many of us enjoying the cool change. ;)

I have to giggle to myself when I see Dominicans (in the Capital) in thick sweaters and coats... it is cooler, but by no means, 'cool'. I'm from Australia where the temperatures are much higher (Christmas Day 2007 it was 50C in the shade). The only times I have contemplated a sweater is when the a/c is too cold!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha,
and the temps are even more constant over the year down in the coast areas, not the bigger temp drops like in the mountain areas.
here on the east we have a cold winter night when temps drop to lowest 70's, heck, i wear a sweather myself by then, maybe we accostum to a new climate with time(14 years in my case now) or it's just the age what makes me freezing, ha ha. back home in germany i grew up with white christmas every year and sure we played in the snow all day long.
our winds can be strong and cool the temps down for several consecutive days during late fall/wintertime like we have it right now, winds on near 15knots, temps under mid 70's on daytime tops, Ocean rough like hell. i am not fishing the 3rd day in a row now.
but that's also the extreme worse what can happen in case of bad winter weather, it did not stop us to celebrate yesterday my son's 6th birthday on the beach with a bunch of kiddies and nobody looked frozen(aside of the cold beers for the daddies who had to take care about the youngguns while the wife's been cooking, ha ha).
Carina,
no skiing over here in case you wanna move to PC, he he
Mike

erna

Oct 21, 2008
Hi guys

Thanks for all your funny responds:) Chiromoya, I dont have any therminal underwears but maybe I should consider to buy some just in case:ermm:

Have fun
Carina

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
This is nothing!

LOL In Canada, we had to walk 2 kms to school in -50C with a 60 kph wind in 2 meters of snow up hill, both ways. :)

I love that the weather here in the DR is not 32C every day. It is a nice change to have clouds and rain once in awhile.

Right now in Canada where I am from it is -20C at night and there is snow. I laugh every time I check the local weather there. Am I glad I live in the DR? Hmmm, let me think.... YES!!!!

Where ever you happen to be, just be happy you are alive and enjoy the weather.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Mike, I know what you mean. But at least it gives me time to do the honey do's on my boat. Before it got windy we had a great day 20 lb. Tuna, 12 Wahoo, a bunch of nice Dorado in the 5-8 lb range. All by lunch back at the dock at 2 pm.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
For those of us acclimatized it is cool. We need sweaters or light jackets............ I remember as a tourist laughing at the locals in their jackets when we were still sweating.....

Now I am chilly - had to add a blanket to the bed!!!!

Sanation

May 21, 2007
For those of us acclimatized it is cool. We need sweaters or light jackets............ I remember as a tourist laughing at the locals in their jackets when we were still sweating.....

Now I am chilly - had to add a blanket to the bed!!!!

I'm talking about people dressing as if it was 10C! Our maid was walking around the other day in a thick cable knit jumper - just looking at her made me feel hot! The Haitian workers down the street are the same. I keep expecting to walk outside and be freezing cold.

A light cotton knit or jacket I can understand, but a cable knit... ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
For me, "cold" in the DR =
1. Being able to wear any sort of sleeve (as opposed to none at all).
2. Not having to use a fan.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
. Today at 7:30 am my car was frozen. “Ice all over “it was so cold inside that I had to turn on the engine and go back home. I had to wait 10 minutes before it got warm.
The temperature for the past two weeks here in Raleigh is going down to 0 C. And some time with have some snow .

JJ

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
. Today at 7:30 am my car was frozen. ?Ice all over ?it was so cold inside that I had to turn on the engine and go back home. I had to wait 10 minutes before it got warm.
The temperature for the past two weeks here in Raleigh is going down to 0 C. And some time with have some snow .

JJ

Just tap your feet 3 times and say "There is no place like home"

I know what you mean!!!!!!!! brrrrrrrrrrrr...............................

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Here, in San Diego, California (two hours south of Hollywood, by car), the weather is usually sunny and not humid.

The U.S. Weather Bureau describes San Diego's weather as the most nearly perfect in America. The average year-round high temperature is 70?F (21?C). The yearly rainfall is light, averaging only 9.45 inches (24 cm), with most of it falling during the months of December, January and February. San Diego's warm and sunny weather is one of its main attractions. Winters are mild with temperatures averaging about 58 degrees Fahrenheit (14 degrees Celsius). Summer temperatures range between 70 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit (22 and 30 degrees Celsius).

San Diego Weather Info

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
. Today at 7:30 am my car was frozen. ?Ice all over ?it was so cold inside that I had to turn on the engine and go back home. I had to wait 10 minutes before it got warm.

JJ
Welcome to your first winter in the US.

Don't worry, you only have about 3 more months before it starts to warm up.