Buying a car in Santo Domingo

J

Joshua Gonzalez

Hi all,

I'll be traveling once again to the DR, this time for the month of December. In my past travels, I've rented cars for short periods to get around the country.

This time I'm going to purchase a car to get around now and in the future. The car will reside with a (friend) in my absence.

Any pointers? I plan on shopping around a 30 mile radius of Santo Domingo with US $15K. Reliability is paramount.

B

BIG DADDY

try a skoda from auto peravia.the 5 door glx version costs around 10k and has a/C.if you change the alloy wheels against ordinary style you get a credit of rd$ 5000,00.
these models don't come in automatic.5 gear stickshift.best bet in town.

K

Keith

I've also noticed the Nissan Sentra (may be different model than in the U.S, I don't remember) advertised at Motoralex in Santo Domingo runs about $ 174,000 ( approx $ 11,000 usd) for the 2001 model. Their info is Av. N??ez C?ceres Esquina R?mulo Betancourt, 532-5028. The small SUV Diatshu Terios has been advertised for $ 205,000 rd( approx $ 12,500 usd) in the paper lately, for the 2000 model. Whatever car that you should decide upon, I would definitely buy new if possible. Good luck

P

pascal

Keith ,

your numbers are far too expensive. Think about what a dominican can afford and test your 205,000 pesos out !!!
There are second hand japanese cars re-conditioned on the market at circa 80,000 pesos. find those everywhere in Santo Domingo