Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy What the hell is biting me?????

Ok, So in the last few weeks i have had some bites, and all i can say is that they seem different from the normal mosquito bites. They are the size of a large mosquito bite but take forever to go away and itch like a ....well they itch alot! My house is very clean and we dont have any pets so fleas are out, and i know its not a flea bite. And when i do get biten it is causing a huge red rash around the area at first.

The only thing that worries me is that also in the last few weeks i have seen about ten very small centipeads around, They could almost be confused with a caterpillar at first take.

Ive been here for four years and never had bites like these, and it just seems a coincidence that these baby centipeads seem to have arrived around the time it all started. I am the only one that has gotten these bites though.

Anyone had or having similar problem?

A very itchy, scratchy laurajane

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laurajane View Post
    Ok, So in the last few weeks i have had some bites, and all i can say is that they seem different from the normal mosquito bites. They are the size of a large mosquito bite but take forever to go away and itch like a ....well they itch alot! My house is very clean and we dont have any pets so fleas are out, and i know its not a flea bite. And when i do get biten it is causing a huge red rash around the area at first.

The only thing that worries me is that also in the last few weeks i have seen about ten very small centipeads around, They could almost be confused with a caterpillar at first take.

Ive been here for four years and never had bites like these, and it just seems a coincidence that these baby centipeads seem to have arrived around the time it all started. I am the only one that has gotten these bites though.

I have had similar problems and I highly reccomend going to the pharmacy and get some " dermobiotic" which is the best skin medication I have every seen.

This may be a spider bite which happened to me last Christmas and 4 months of listening to doctors and pharmacists recommendations nothing was resolved...still red and itchy and the size of approximately 2" in diameter.

A local girl who uses this regiously diagnosed me and 2 months latter it has finally vanished.

Dermobiotic......small tube with a consitency of petroleum jelly.

Cures all skin conditions !

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that you should also buy a small spray spritzer called " After Bite"
    This stops all itching within 3 minutes. I buy mine at the little playero in Sosua across from PJ's.....the clove is the essential oil that stops the itching IMO as that is the most predominent smell when alpplied.

You will find it behind the cashier and next to the other insect remedies and it is about 3" high in a spritzer bottle

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We have heard about the problem with centipedes can anyone desribe them or better still does anyone have a picture.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you, sister. Been there myself. Sounds like Mayes. Started a thread about the little devils, found this apt description about them: http://www.dr1.com/forums/650905-post14.html. A tine flying, rabid pirhana...

Nastiest little SOB's I've ever encountered. My advice: Orange Off, 20% DEET. We tried bug repellant with lower DEET levels, 7%, then 13%, then 17%, little impact. Seems the 20% did the trick. No more Mayes problems.

The bites take around 2 weeks to heal. DO NOT SCRATCH THEM, they become easily and badly infected.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Might be bed bugs. If so wash your sheets in very hot water. I even have taken my bed out side washed it sprayed clorox on it and, left in the sun for a few hours. No more bites. In Florida we have what we call NO-SEEUMS tiny bite like hell. The best thing for them and, mosquitoes is Skin So Soft by Avon. the origional bath formula. It is 100% natural Just use it like sun screen and, no more bites.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar Garcia View Post
    The best thing for them and, mosquitoes is Skin So Soft by Avon. the origional bath formula. It is 100% natural Just use it like sun screen and, no more bites.
    Doesn't work for Dominican mayes. Maybe 'skeeters, not mayes.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, it does. I lived in Monte Cristi for 6 years and, they are bad there. That is all we used. Worked so good the local Avon girl starting stocking it.
    It must be the bath oil and, the orig. formula. Not the spray.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Different Mosquito???

I have the same problem every time I visit my novias family in Santiago and forget to use repellant. Different times of the year here in Sosua I have this problem as well. I am pretty sure it is a different type of mosquito that I and many others are very allergic to. The small mosquito common here in Sosua hardly affects me at all. The rains we have been getting lately do not help the situation either.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i had something similar which turned out not to be bites but bacteria that brought up the red marks - i was give B 33 anti bacterial wash and bactroban ointment (like vaseline) which you have to put on every spot which can be time consuming lol most were under my arms and on my back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast