Best kept secret in Sosua!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Why are people not talking about Casa Veintiuno????
We had dinner there tonight and it was without doubt one of the best evenings we have experienced, the food was outstanding, the service impeccable and the place is fabulous. The surroundings are simply beautiful, intimate and inviting for all.
It is also a bed and breakfast, however, it surpasses all of my expectations of a fine hotel, gorgeous spa bathrooms, top line linens and furnishings. The owners have gone to great length to provide spectacular accomodations, with common areas, games room with fitness equipment and a balcony overlooking the pool with seaviews that are breathtaking.
A co-worker mentioned this place to me awhile ago, but we hadn't gone until tonight. WOW!!! I had no idea that this type of accomodation and dinner location was available.
It may have been our first visit, but won't be our last.
Has anyone else been yet???

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They are having a Thanksgiving Day Special. Turkey with all the trimmings. If you are interested you can PM me. I have some tickets from the owner. I go there all the time, and it is the best food in Sosua at the moment.

Caz

May 15, 2004
If you want somewhere to go for a special meal - this is the place. Marc and Saskia go out of their way to please and the food is sensational! We have been a few times with delicious food each time. They are putting on special menus and packages for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, and they have a website. Not the place to go if you want cheap food but there are plenty of places if that is what you want.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
Where is this located please?

Casa Veintiuno is situated above the Sos?a beach area on Calle Piano #1. From Sosua traffic lights, going towards Puerto Plata on Av Greigorio Luperon(N5 Caraterra) go just past the steps down to Sos?a beach and take the next turning left, go up the hill and Casa Veintiuno is on the right at the corner with Calle Piano #1. The entrance door is in the wall about 20 meters from the junction. (see above)
Parking can be found in the road outside in front of the hotel.
Reservations are needed and can be made by contacting Saskia.
Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We ate there last month. We were a large group so maybe we overwhelmed them but:
The food was ok Tuna over done, steak over done and very chewy, potatoes not done enough Portions pretty small

Service was horrible (took 3 hours to eat our meal)

and very $$$$$$$$$$$

Was not worth it to me

Bob K

Reactions: FernieBee

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Veintiuno
is the web address
809-571-4174

Our meal for two was just under 2000RD, each had two drinks, two main courses, and one desert.
As a previous poster said, you can eat cheaper of course, but the quality of what we had, service and presentation was excellent.
The kitchen is in full view, behind glass windows, and it is spotless... a big bonus as far as I am concerned.
The restaurant itself is elegant in its design and locale. If someone was not happy with the food, or service, did you tell the owner??? That is who should have the chance to correct it.. not a public forum. My opinion only.
Thanksgiving dinner sounds incredilbe, BUT Rocky has me hooked... actually I go to visit Bruno!!!! lol!!!!
Hope that helps as far as pricing and more info goes.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Veintiuno
If someone was not happy with the food, or service, did you tell the owner??? That is who should have the chance to correct it.. not a public forum. My opinion only.
Thanksgiving dinner sounds incredilbe, BUT Rocky has me hooked... actually I go to visit Bruno!!!! lol!!!!
Hope that helps as far as pricing and more info goes.

a bit off here. BUt where else to express ones opinion if not on a forum like this? One negative review does not equate a bad restaurant. It is just one persons opinion.

1000 pesos (with 2 drinks and desert) is not all that pricey. Sure for Sosua perhaps...but we'll spend at least 25 USD PP for an avg sunday brunch here in nyc.

I always allow for one sorta splurgy dinner when on vacation. Either first night or last night. (or both if i still have the $$). I am a foodie...grew up working in the best restaurants in Boston and NYC...so i dont mind spending some money on some really good food (and service)

One tip to diners in the DR. If you DONT want to spend 2 to 3 hours at a restaurant (as service tends to be "tropical" even at good restaurants) just tell your waiter/waitress when you sit down that you have to be somewhere and you need fast and attentive service. My mom is just the opposite...she always scolds the waiter "we arent in a hurry here".

anyhoo...my point was going to be. I think its ok if someone posts a neg posting on an establishment if they back it up with the examples of what they didnt like. Just like someone who gives a rave review should also back up what they liked. What was so great about the food? Service? Ambience?

dem my 2 pesos:paranoid:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
have they adjusted the prices recently - the first time I looked at it the prices were much more than that -in fact I wondered if anyone would go they were so high-the web site now doesnt mention prices

DRExplorer

Jan 1, 2007
Casa Veintiuno

Casa Veintiuno is situated above the Sos?a beach area on Calle Piano #1. From Sosua traffic lights, going towards Puerto Plata on Av Greigorio Luperon(N5 Caraterra) go just past the steps down to Sos?a beach and take the next turning left, go up the hill and Casa Veintiuno is on the right at the corner with Calle Piano #1. The entrance door is in the wall about 20 meters from the junction. (see above)
Parking can be found in the road outside in front of the hotel.
Reservations are needed and can be made by contacting Saskia.
Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Can someone add a pushpin on GE (Google Earth)?
This is the same area where you get a fantastic vista of the surrounding Sosua Beach? I will be back in Sosua soon and would love to check out this place.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Prices are relative aren't they? Pay more and expect more. Over 1 1/2 years ago we went to Casa Colonial for a nice birthday dinner - 1 drink each, only 1 person had appy, 2 main courses, 2 chocolate mousse and coffees - bill was over 6,000RD.

Now that was pricey.

This doesn't sound too bad, I will have to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.