Parade?

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
Woke up this morning to the sound of chanting coming up the street and wandered out to the front window to take a look. A group of about 12 -16 people were walking up the main street in Cabarete all chanting and carrying small pennants. Nothing printed on the flags and most were all white, but there were a couple of blue, pink, and yellow ones being carried as well.

Due to my not-so-great Spanish and the fact that I had just woken up I couldn't make out what they were saying, but everyone seemed to be in a good mood!

Some sort of protest march? A religious event? Anyone have any idea for the reason behind this little parade?

Curiosity is driving me mad! :cheeky:

Thanks!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
if they were waving red flags they would be working on the road - sorry i couldnt resist in the absense of a sensible answer

Sanation

May 21, 2007
I saw a similar thing late yesterday afternoon whilst driving down Febrero de 27 in the Capital, near Defillo.

I had driven past before I could see too much, but everyone was wearing white shirts/t-shirts and carrying flags.

WillSDQ

Nov 3, 2008
There are two things going on now in Santo Domingo. There are many marches being staged as people are demanding jobs to work in public transportation (the Metro). Also, and this is only a guess, it is baseball season!