New in Santiago

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I'm new in Santiago - actually new in the DR, and just wonder if there are any DR1 members lives in or close to the Villa Maria neighborhood? It's located kind of behind the HOMS just right off the Duarte.
I have met few members already - with great pleasure, but unfortunately they are not close to me. :(
So anyone??
Also is there any special expat hangout place in Santiago?
Thanks!

TheHun

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Know where you are more or less. Are you into sports? Golf? Baseball?
Do you play bridge>???

What beings you to Santiago???

Curious minds want to know....Well, this curious mind at least....

I live in Los Jardines....not that far, not that close...

I work at PUCMM, just 5 minutes away from you...

HB

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Hillbilly,
You are welcome to stop by for a beer anytime!
I have never hold a golf club in my hands, so I can't tell if I like it or not and ball games are not my favorite, except -being european- maybe soccer. ;) I'm more into the "redneck" sport and card games like hunting, fishing and texas hold'em :D .
I'll tell you what brought me here when we meet.
So when will you stop by? I PM-d you my phone#.

TheHun

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Are you a woman (hun) or a man? You seem to live where no man had lived before. Hahahaha. Just joking. But you do live off the city main area. No one goes there unless they have to.
Anyway, we had a few small get togethers where we tried to get to know some new expats but some how many just got lost in translation. never showed up for one reason or another. I guess the next expat reunion should he held in a local colmado where lots of motoconochistas hang out. I bet the missing expats will have no trouble finding the place and making it there before time.
I am sure Hun is a different class of expat. if you like to meet us, please feel free to join us in the next gathering. we will let you know when and where unless you plan on inviting us first.
AZB

TheHun

May 4, 2008
AZB,

Hun is stands for the ancient tribe/nation of Attila.
And yes, I'm a man.
So far I like this area. It's quiet here but not that far from the inner city.
Sure I'd like to meet other expats.
I don't live in a huge house, but I can host 8-10 guests at a time. I can also cook some Hun food ;)
So who wants to eat Gulash?

TheHun

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
TheHun
it seems you and I and on opposite entrances to Santiago. I live behind Antonio Ochoa (Santiago Navarrete)
Its funny I was near you house this weekend visiting friends that have an apartment behind homes.
Do you like off road sports , like 4x4 stuff?
Ecoturisms, and exploring new stuff?
I travel every week up to the Diego d Ocampo region if you have a 4x4 vehicle you cna join me...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Zee

When I get back in town we'll go fishing. You ought to give golf a try as you might be good and can meet a lot of business people not to mention good exercise if you walk.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Thanks to all who responded. Right now I'm in SD and not exactly sure if I'll be back this weekend, but the weekend after we can get together. I'll cook something good. I'll let you know.

TheHun