Placa for car

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I heard somewhere that the annual placa for car tax could be renewed on the internet. I would be grateful to anyone who can give me the address. Thanks

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks. To start off wasn?t so good. I don?t know the word ?marbetes? neither does my dictionary nor the internet!

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Marbete=Sticker
you have to place your sticker in the right side glass of your vehicle.
there is only 4 days left to get it.
I dont think that you can still do it by internet.
maybe is too late. next 3 days will be a large amount of people (thousands) in any place where you can still get it. so, be prepare to spend the whole day.

Sanation

May 21, 2007
Marbete=Sticker
maybe is too late. next 3 days will be a large amount of people (thousands) in any place where you can still get it. so, be prepare to spend the whole day.

If you do go in person the pay, ensure you take CASH. This year they ceased taking cheques, even if they are certified.

Jan 9, 2004
Question?

If you do renew online, how/where do you get the sticker to affix to the windshield?

For informational purposes, I am presently out of the country.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
At least in Cabarete, delivered to your door. I have a friend who's used the service 2 years now. Delivery man would not accept a tip from her. "No thanks, it's my job."

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
There were over 3 months to do it. but dominicans, and now, gringos aplatanados, leave everything for the last day.
I did my by internet 2 months ago. it took me less than 5 mins. and my stickers were delivery next day. normally, they say 5 days. so, I was surprised they delivered next day.

Feb 7, 2007
I did it in Banco Ademi about 2-3 months ago as well, came just as they were closing, paid my fees, gave them the copy of matricula, in 5 minutes I was on my way...

P.S. You should still be able to renew online, until the deadline date

Jan 9, 2004
Renewed today......

Marbete=Sticker

so, yes it can still be done via the internet.

Special Thanks to CFA123 for providing the link.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I got mine a few weeks ago in person at a bank inside la Sirena on Winston Churchill in Santo Domingo. It took all of 10 minutes and was painless.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks for the link to renew my marbete. The site was down yesterday but today worked fine. Just a word of warning which got me until inspiration came. They ask for one?s Cedula number, I quoted mine but they refused it. The inspiration came when I remembered that when I bought the car I still had my original 1 year Cedula not my present 5 year one. They had on record only my old number. I entered that and it worked. Is it worth telling them and if so how do I do it? Mas gracias!