Calling to The US and PR for same price as DR (TRICOM)

track

Sep 6, 2008
:paranoid:
They need more fixed income or something. Still it's very good for the consumer.

But will it help TRICOM?

WillSDQ

Nov 3, 2008
I understand you are speaking of a "house phone", but, is the rate to use Tricon as low as Viva to call the USA? IMO, Viva is cheap and the call quality is very good! How will the two compare?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I understand you are speaking of a "house phone", but, is the rate to use Tricon as low as Viva to call the USA? IMO, Viva is cheap and the call quality is very good! How will the two compare?
What does Viva charge to call the US?

Feb 7, 2007
Viva total RD$ 5.38 per minute w/taxes (US$ 0.15 per minute).

Tricom's average price is RD$ 5.68 per minute according to the article, but it does not state whether the amount is with or without taxes (28%).

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
7 Centavos per second plus taxes according to viva.com.do for calls to the DR, USA, Canada and PR ( 4.2 pesos per minute plus tax.)
It looks like they also have a Pospago plan where they charge 1.5RD (+imp) per minute to your favorite number. With the 28% tax, that works out to about .054 cents (US) a minute.

Am I reading that correctly?

WillSDQ

Nov 3, 2008
If I am doing the math correctly, it cost about 12 cents a minute to call the USA using Viva. Excellent quality and mobility, a great combination. The only draw back to Viva is, as of now, their coverage is not as wide ranged as Claro or Orange. I carry a Claro chip with me when I am in the campo.