Caribe tours to Cabarete

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Hi,

My son and I are headed to Cabarete for a long weekend tomorrow via Caribe tours from SD. My question is, where do I get off for Cabarete? I assume I'll need to grab a taxi to complete my journey, yes?

Is there a point to get off so a taxi will be easy to find and about how much to Cabarete can I expect to pay?

Any info about this journey would be helpful, thanks!

d

DanaP

May 23, 2007
also....

what time does the last Caribe tours bus leave SD?

thanks again, d

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I don't kow if Caribe Tours goes to Cabarete. They don't show that stop on their website. I'm guessing you would get off in Puerto Plata and catch a cab.

Last edited:

Canela21

Oct 29, 2008
As far as I know, it doesn't go to Cabarete. There was talk about adding a stop there though, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You can take the bus and get off in either Puerta Plata or Sosua--Sosua's the better choice, but POP is an option. Once there, you can find a taxi waiting outside across the street from the station to take you to Cabarete, or you can take public transportation; hop in a guagua or carro p?blico. Public transport is plentiful during the daylight hours, there's always one going by. That's the cheaper option, it's like 30RD a person, max. I've never taken a taxi, so I couldn't give you the price for that...

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
sosua is the better choice.why would you get off in puerta plata when the bus only continuues to sosua?it is a lot cheaper to get off in sosua and take a publico,or for around 4-500 pesos catch a cab right at caribe tours.theres always one waiting when the buses come in.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you're going to Cabarete, definitely *DON'T* get off in Puerto Plata, get off in Sosua...and follow the directions above. The taxi from Sosua to Cabarete will cost about $10-12. The slightly better option is to take Metro S.A. bus instead of Caribe tours from SD. Only 4 of the north bound buses go through Puerto Plata to Sosua though...but it makes 3 or 4 less stops, the bus is a little nicer, and lets you off at a better (and closer to Cabarete) spot in Sosua.

Reactions: rellosk

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
If you're going to Cabarete, definitely *DON'T* get off in Puerto Plata, get off in Sosua...and follow the directions above. The taxi from Sosua to Cabarete will cost about $10-12. The slightly better option is to take Metro S.A. bus instead of Caribe tours from SD. Only 4 of the north bound buses go through Puerto Plata to Sosua though...but it makes 3 or 4 less stops, the bus is a little nicer, and lets you off at a better (and closer to Cabarete) spot in Sosua.
Here's the link to Metro's website, showing their schedule.

Reactions: DavidZ

Canela21

Oct 29, 2008
I just wanted to let DanaP know that POP is an option, if she needs it. She mentioned she had a son, and I have no idea how old he is. I know sometimes with younger kids, they can get antsy riding on a bus for 3+ hours. So if need to stop in POP, Dana, so your son can take a break, or if you want to get lunch or something, POP is an option...but I as stated earlier, and everyone else repeated, Sosua is definitely the better choice.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
great

thank you so much for your help. I'll certainly get off in Sosua, unless my 6 year old is going nuts and needs a break.

I'm planning to leave JD around 3pm, I unfortunately have to work, and am curious about the Caribe schedule. This isn't too late is it? I'd prefer to take the publico in Sosua, but if it's too late I'll grab a cab.

thanks, d

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
thank you so much for your help. I'll certainly get off in Sosua, unless my 6 year old is going nuts and needs a break.

I'm planning to leave JD around 3pm, I unfortunately have to work, and am curious about the Caribe schedule. This isn't too late is it? I'd prefer to take the publico in Sosua, but if it's too late I'll grab a cab.

thanks, d
According to their website, the last bus for Sosua leaves at 7:00pm.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Yes. Caribe Tours stops at Sosua and you will have to take a cab to Cabarete.

That's how I had to do it.

When you get off the bus at Sosua there are cabbies waiting to take people to where the hotels are or anywhere else you would need to go.

You won't need to look too hard, because as soon as you get off the bus the cabbies will come directly to you.

And you can't get lost, because Cabarete is just straight ahead on the same road the bus used to get from POP to Sosua.

Reactions: DavidZ

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Also...Both Caribe and Metro stop for about 15 minutes in Santiago and there is a decent snack shop right in the depot. It's a good place to get out and stretch your legs, grab a bite and/or a drink, make a restroom stop, etc...just don't wander off too far!

DanaP

May 23, 2007
ok

Got it, thank you everyone for your help!!!! I feel much better now!

and last silly question......I should get off the JD guagua by the ramp towards Las Americas and find a moto or taxi to the Caribe Tours parada?? I don't actually know where this bus terminal is....

woman of many questions....I just feel better having a bit of a clue when travelling.

d

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Caribe Tours station is at the corner of 27 de Febrero and ?? Leopoldo Navarro?? Across the street from the Huacal and National Police Hqs..

Busy intersection, easy to find.

HB

Kataway

Nov 26, 2008
www.geocities.com
I live in Cabarete and I can assure you that Caribe Tours stop at Sosua. Then you have the choice to take a taxi (10km ride for about 400 pesos) or take a guagua or carito publico. Few years ago this company open an office here but the taxi drivers put some pressure on them and this service is cancelled. What a shame...When we want to go to Santo Domingo it takes us time and money...anyway...we are foreinghers and we have to live with it.