Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Caribe tours to Cabarete

Hi,

My son and I are headed to Cabarete for a long weekend tomorrow via Caribe tours from SD. My question is, where do I get off for Cabarete? I assume I'll need to grab a taxi to complete my journey, yes?

Is there a point to get off so a taxi will be easy to find and about how much to Cabarete can I expect to pay?

Any info about this journey would be helpful, thanks!

d

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default also....

what time does the last Caribe tours bus leave SD?

thanks again, d

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't kow if Caribe Tours goes to Cabarete. They don't show that stop on their website. I'm guessing you would get off in Puerto Plata and catch a cab.
    Last edited by rellosk; 11-25-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, it doesn't go to Cabarete. There was talk about adding a stop there though, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You can take the bus and get off in either Puerta Plata or Sosua--Sosua's the better choice, but POP is an option. Once there, you can find a taxi waiting outside across the street from the station to take you to Cabarete, or you can take public transportation; hop in a guagua or carro público. Public transport is plentiful during the daylight hours, there's always one going by. That's the cheaper option, it's like 30RD a person, max. I've never taken a taxi, so I couldn't give you the price for that...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

sosua is the better choice.why would you get off in puerta plata when the bus only continuues to sosua?it is a lot cheaper to get off in sosua and take a publico,or for around 4-500 pesos catch a cab right at caribe tours.theres always one waiting when the buses come in.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're going to Cabarete, definitely *DON'T* get off in Puerto Plata, get off in Sosua...and follow the directions above. The taxi from Sosua to Cabarete will cost about $10-12. The slightly better option is to take Metro S.A. bus instead of Caribe tours from SD. Only 4 of the north bound buses go through Puerto Plata to Sosua though...but it makes 3 or 4 less stops, the bus is a little nicer, and lets you off at a better (and closer to Cabarete) spot in Sosua.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    If you're going to Cabarete, definitely *DON'T* get off in Puerto Plata, get off in Sosua...and follow the directions above. The taxi from Sosua to Cabarete will cost about $10-12. The slightly better option is to take Metro S.A. bus instead of Caribe tours from SD. Only 4 of the north bound buses go through Puerto Plata to Sosua though...but it makes 3 or 4 less stops, the bus is a little nicer, and lets you off at a better (and closer to Cabarete) spot in Sosua.
    Here's the link to Metro's website, showing their schedule.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to let DanaP know that POP is an option, if she needs it. She mentioned she had a son, and I have no idea how old he is. I know sometimes with younger kids, they can get antsy riding on a bus for 3+ hours. So if need to stop in POP, Dana, so your son can take a break, or if you want to get lunch or something, POP is an option...but I as stated earlier, and everyone else repeated, Sosua is definitely the better choice.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default great

thank you so much for your help. I'll certainly get off in Sosua, unless my 6 year old is going nuts and needs a break.

I'm planning to leave JD around 3pm, I unfortunately have to work, and am curious about the Caribe schedule. This isn't too late is it? I'd prefer to take the publico in Sosua, but if it's too late I'll grab a cab.

thanks, d

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaP View Post
    thank you so much for your help. I'll certainly get off in Sosua, unless my 6 year old is going nuts and needs a break.

I'm planning to leave JD around 3pm, I unfortunately have to work, and am curious about the Caribe schedule. This isn't too late is it? I'd prefer to take the publico in Sosua, but if it's too late I'll grab a cab.

thanks, d
    According to their website, the last bus for Sosua leaves at 7:00pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast