Backroads Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
A group of buddies and myself are headed to P.O.P in January.
We would like to tour the backroads of the North Coast by motorbike.
Are there any available maps online or can we find a map when we get there?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I wouldn't get your hopes up on find a backroads map. It is worth the trip though...plenty of great roads on the north coast (mostly dirt/hard pack). I suggest bringing a compass or handheld gps...you should be fine.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i used to have a good map on computer- there is a nice back road that goes through bella vista - no idea where it goes...it was so long lol...think it links up with the mountain road to santiago - will try to locate the map

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

There are several maps with that level of detail, even a little better, but they don't show the actual backroads...unless you're talking about the turistica (Rte. 25) or the moca/jamao rd (Rte. 29) type of roads...

When you go all the way out on Bella Vista or make a turn off the turistica, there are some great roads that connect all over the place, but I've never seen a map of these type of roads....

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Not to try to bust any bubbles, but I would consider staking the roads out with a jeep first, yheir main roads are dangerous enough, with the potholes and I don't know what they call it when the road dissapears down the mountainside. I'm beginning to understand what my friends would tell me before going to work or riding my Hayabusa, when they would say be safe and that's what I'm saying to you......be safe and good luck ............

Status
Not open for further replies.