jewelry store POP ??

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Please advise on a good jewelry (women) store in POP (or nearby) with honest prices and decent selection .

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
My first choice would be the one on 12 de Julio immediately opposite the Post Office. Has honest prices although not a huge selection. Now run by the widow of the gentleman who used to run it, who died not so long ago. She is helped by her brother-in-law. If they don't have what you want it might be an idea to strike up a conversation & ask if they could get it. Most shops here will do that sort of thing if you take time to enquire about the family etc.

Second choice would be Soler on Beller - much wider selection, prices not quite as competitive IMHO, but very helpful people. If you're looking for silver, larimar etc then Fine Gift Centre on 12 de Julio but tourists go there so bargain.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
If you don't mind buying second hand, Compra Venta Antonio has great selection and prices (it's near Caribe Tours in POP - sort of behind it on a side street). It's not your typical low class compra venta.

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
If you don't mind buying second hand, Compra Venta Antonio has great selection and prices (it's near Caribe Tours in POP - sort of behind it on a side street). It's not your typical low class compra venta.

Yes its a good place, I hocked off a 500$ ring there and got 1700pesos, at the time was 77 $CAN but in Canada i tried to hock it off and they wouldn't give me more then 20$ for it....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

If you buy there, first ask for the Discount card. You can get it on the spot and then you will get 15% off the already low prices. Good place to buy gold jewelry.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
From heart - to soul.

Thank you for the great advice as usual , Ginnie!
A beautiful ring with seven nice tested and certified diamonds is bought for $13 000 RD (negotiated down from $21 000 RD)

She seems tobe happy on her Birthday (for some time).

Lambada - for President!!