residencia

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
* you are 'legally' here and can not be deported back to your homecountry for missing the residencia
* it comes along with the cedula, the ID for daily needs, like cashing checks, getting a drivers licence so when driving a car you may even be covered by the insurance
* no visitors visa needed when passing dominican customs
my question would be:
Why a expat would live here without a residency???
Mike

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
* you are 'legally' here and can not be deported back to your homecountry for missing the residencia
* it comes along with the cedula, the ID for daily needs, like cashing checks, getting a drivers licence so when driving a car you may even be covered by the insurance
* no visitors visa needed when passing dominican customs
my question would be:
Why a expat would live here without a residency???
Mike

I agree Mike, ive just received my provisional residency! During my wait of ........12mths!!!!!!!!!!! i met many folks who laughed at me for obtaining this card (they felt it was just one more way the government can extract the $$$$$ out of the expat...given that 12 mths later you must pay more $$$ to get the 2nd residency card ) I disagree with those folk; i am the visitor in 'their' country and it is up to me to follow 'their' rules. To be honest 'their' rules are really quite reasonable. Further i believe it's very disrespectful to circumvent the laws of a country!!!!!!!!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
If you are moving here it also allows you to bring in one container (40 foot) or household goods basically duty free. As an example we went from over $9000 US in tax to less then $400 with the residency.

Bob K

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right Bob.
and Billy,
what those guys who laugh never do is planning something in their life,
just take a look on them and think about into which category of people you would count them at home.
they do not think about the fact that most of them at least once in a while drive a car, maybe a friends car or bike, and aside of the fact that they mostly do that anyways drunk after or while partying they anyways would not have any insurance coverage, because no residency means no cedula, no cedula means no dominican drivers license, no drivers license means no insurance. the very most of them do not have any kind of med insurance valid here in the country neither. those are just the lowbrainers which are calling the embassy/consulate or 'friends' after something happened, because they never cared about taking care about themselves and after an accident happened they are complaining about the whole wide world for stuff which is 100% only their own fault.
what would a american or UK or German Cop do when he stops your car and you do not have the proper drivers license, NOT EVEN THE NEEDED PAPERS TO BE LEGALLY IN THAT COUNTRY????
Yes, he would take them with him and immigrations would deport them back to their country of origin.
so why such lowlifes expect to be the kings here on a caribbean island without the need to comply with existing laws/rules aso?
they think they are something better than caribe?os,
the truth is they are just too uneducated to understand the stupidity of their actions. it's been a while since immigrations did their last sweep of clean up here on the east coast, i hope they run their next one soon, too much worthless trash on the streets.
the dominican republic is much too easy going on that stuff,
like often/mostly seen on progressing countries they make it too easy/hassle free for foreigners to move in so they receive investments from them aso, and that is an understandeable practice, but the DR is in my eyes today on a point where those 'easy going' doors should be closed. residencies aso are hassle free procedures, the rates for such are very reasonable. if people do not want to spend that little money and efford on those legal papers, what benefit should the country expect from such people??
exactly nothing but trouble, so not worth to have them in the community.
enjoy the weekend
Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What are advantages of having residencia for an expat?

A better question would be "What are the advantages of NOT having residencia for an expat, other than saving the money and time to get one?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
and it is cheaper to get into some tourist attractions with a cedula!!! Could save 25 RD$ in the aquarium!!!