Prefab homes or kits

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
I've searched the threads and don't find much of anything on this so, does anyone have any info on the availability of prefab homes or kit homes in the DR. Or maybe someone has brought one in a container and can provide cost info. Any info is appreciated.

Steve L

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
There is a Brazilian company based in Santo Domingo called Casas de Brasil (hardwood homes pre-fab in Brazil and imported), they have built a number of homes in Jarabacoa and Punta Cana. Sorry, I can't find the contact details. If you get really stuck...pm me and I will dig deeper.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It's hard to get this business going in The DR. Dominicans like solid cement block homes as most other types they see them not sturdy enough (which you can understand in a hurricane prone area). You'd have to come up with something that is just as strong and of course much cheaper for this to be viable, so I would be surprised if you can find anything like this.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's hard to get this business going in The DR. Dominicans like solid cement block homes as most other types they see them not sturdy enough (which you can understand in a hurricane prone area). You'd have to come up with something that is just as strong and of course much cheaper for this to be viable, so I would be surprised if you can find anything like this.
Many old wooden homes in the mountains surrounding Jarabacoa. I don't know about prefab/kits, but a ton of site built wood homes.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Absolutely hundreds of wooden houses both new and old in Jarabacoa; many that look just like the Kit homes from Brazil.