Da nancy restaurant

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
is it still open? I've always enjoyed their food AND their service. The house special with rice and seafood is great. A little on the pricey side...but not terribly so..but worth it.

dukes1963

Jan 3, 2007
I was there in April-if you like to eat on the beach its a great experience.
Ask for the server Norma-she's been a friend of mine for years.

dukes1963

Jan 3, 2007
Thats where the original Nancy was-restaurant is still there-different name now. I ate there last December-kind of disappointed. Biggest turn off for me was they have an Italian guy singing and playing electronic keyboard. Kind of loud for the room. D'Nancy is now next to Playa Vista on the beach.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
If you are talking about the one at the center of the beach next to Playa Vista...it was still there as of yesterday. I cant comment on the prices as I let my Dominican family handle that end of things. The Coke was cold and the snorkeling was not bad.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i've only been to the one behind the hamaca. They gave us free appetizers (just fried zuccini and mushrooms etc with salsa..but still that was nice)

A dinner for 4 WITH wine and aps and great assortment of seafood was $2000 pesos. That is about 15 USD PP. not bad. THank god we didnt have the italian singer tho.

The other nice thing about the location is that is NOT right on calle duarte...so you wont be bothered by beggers or hookers.

The ambiance is a little bit lacking...but the service and quality are excellent.

Next time i will perhaps try the one on the beach. But i generaly just get a fruit plate for lunch.