Best place to buy cigars in Boca Chica ?

peterhaines

Nov 22, 2008
Hi

In BC then flying from Santo Domingo Airport, not going anywhere else.

Airport or town for buying high end cigars ?

Thanks

Pete

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
try the 1 by the post office ,everyone i talked too there said ,they had a quality product reasonably priced, it,s the post office on duarte across from western union

bearcat

Nov 12, 2008
Hi

Thanks

Pete

Try La Leyenda Cigars Calle Hostos @ Calle Mercedes in the Colonial Zone. They carry everyones cigars at good prices. Try their cigars you will be impressed. Do not take a cab or tour guide and save 20%

Glenn

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hi

Thanks

Pete
You best bet for buying high-end Dominican cigars are to buy them in the US. Most of the better Dominican Cigars are made for export. In the past they had to pay import taxes if they wanted to sell the high-end brands in the DR. There were some exceptions, and the tax situation may have changed since CAFTA. Hillbilly should be able to provide some more current info.

As far as buying Cuban cigars in Boca Chica, I don't know of anyplace that sells the real thing.

dukes1963

Jan 3, 2007
I cant remember the name of the cigar shop-but its right next to the Boat House on Duarte

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The cigar store in the Juaragua Hotel in SD has the a very good selection of high end cigars. Both Dominican and Cuban. There are no fakes there.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The cigar store in the Juaragua Hotel in SD has the a very good selection of high end cigars. Both Dominican and Cuban. There are no fakes there.
Yes, that's an excellent shop, but the OP said he is not leaving Boca Chica.