Buying a car in S.D.

LW1

Dec 1, 2008
I am interested in looking at some cars I saw in Supercarros.com.
Has anyone had any dealings with any of these car dealers in Santo Domingo: Jodelsa, Adolfo Motors, or Molina Motors? Thanks for any experiences good or bad.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I am interested in looking at some cars I saw in Supercarros.com.
Has anyone had any dealings with any of these car dealers in Santo Domingo: Jodelsa, Adolfo Motors, or Molina Motors? Thanks for any experiences good or bad.
Let me know about your experience whenever you go....I'm buying my Jeepeta Summer '09.
Let me know what you see on the lots, I don't want one more than a year old (don't trust the dealers here) I am leaning towards Lexus GX470.
Also there are some good dealers here in Santiago I hear, let me know how it turns out.
SHALENA

LW1

Dec 1, 2008
Shalena,

Wish I was looking for a Lexus, but I'm looking for the opposite of a Lexus, a Daihatsu mini truck. Going in January. Will let you know if I see anything for you, but I doubt the dealerships I am going to will have such nice cars.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Take the car to a good repair shop and, have it checked from top to bottom. I have the phone and name of one. He charged me 2,500 pesos but, well worth it to check out the car. The first one I took and, low compression on two cylinders. Plus a alot of makeup. The second car checked out just fine. But am still have a major tune-up etc.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Take the car to a good repair shop and, have it checked from top to bottom. I have the phone and name of one. He charged me 2,500 pesos but, well worth it to check out the car. The first one I took and, low compression on two cylinders. Plus a alot of makeup. The second car checked out just fine. But am still have a major tune-up etc.
So the dealers will let you take the car for a day to have it checked out? Or does the 3 business day rule apply in DR also where you can buy a car and can change your mind in 3 business days?
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Shalena,

Wish I was looking for a Lexus, but I'm looking for the opposite of a Lexus, a Daihatsu mini truck. Going in January. Will let you know if I see anything for you, but I doubt the dealerships I am going to will have such nice cars.
I have 3 kids! Plus, I am not buying yet so I may change my mind by the summer. But I'm a woman so LUXURY is also my middle name!:cheeky:
Plus, I definietly have to look good when I pull up to all of the carwashes and puta bars I hang out in! (I'm just kidding!;)
Hope you find what you are looking for...I am definitely going to take my time when I start looking in August. Right now I pay 8,400pesos a month in Transporte Escolar for my kids...that's crazy!!!
SHALENA

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
The dealers I went to had NO PROBLEM with me having the cars checked out. If they do go somewhere else. By all means take it to someone who can SCOPE the engine. Better safe than sorry.

LW1

Dec 1, 2008
Ceasar,

Thanks for the good advice. I didn't know it was possible to take it before buying it. I'll do that for sure.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I've been watching supercarros.com

for the last couple of months and the inventory doesn't seem to change that much at least for what I was shopping for.

The last dealer I went to - German Motors on Av Gustavo Mejia Ricart, couldn't even get the jeepeta I was looking at started (the sales girl is hot so I stuck around for awhile).

I ended up finding a nice Prado on emarket.com.do from an original owner.

It goes in to Delta commercial for an inspection and if it gets a good report, will be down next week to take delivery.

Seems there are more listings there from individuals so the prices may be less than dealers and more negotiable.