Dominican Activism

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Some have said Dominicans don't participate enough for bringing about change in their country. While there is some truth to that, there are also Dominicans that blow up that statement. A few weeks ago when I was in Santiago, I took pics of a protest march from my hotel balcony.

The protest was against the contract signed by the city with the company Blue Parking, that's been installing the meters or parquimetros since about 2 years ago. The main complaint of the leaders of the march is that they claim there is no law in the books that justifies that contract. They question where is the money going to.

Whether justified or not activism is alive and well in the DR.

33vc8sw.jpg

2wmdoqv.jpg

33vc8sw.jpg

28br38k.jpg

oax2m1.jpg

2lo117r.jpg

2j1q7nc.jpg

2qj9co6.jpg

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I went back to this post I put up over a year ago. Well I am happy to report that the parking meters in Santiago installed on La Calle Del Sol have been found to be unconstitutional. A bit of activism and some lawsuits did the job. Santiago's alcalde Jos? Enrique Sued and company pocketed some change.:cheeky:

SANTIAGO. The Fourth Chamber of the Penal Chamber of the Court of First Instance for the judicial district of Santiago, with judge Cecilia Badia presiding, handed down a sentence that said the parking meters placed by the Blue Parking Company in the city of Santiago are illegal and in violation of the Constitution of the Republic.

Tribunal declares parking meters unconstitutional - DiarioLibre.com

Sued says that he is a democratic man and respectful of the law, so will not interfere with the law. LOL:laugh:
SANTIAGO DE LOS CABALLEROS.- El alcalde de este municipio, Jos? Enrique Sued, asegur? que no interferir? en la aplicaci?n de la sentencia emitida por una juez que declara ilegal los parqu?metros instalados por la empresa Blue Parking Caribbean, y que afirma que el Ayuntamiento local y la empresa Blue Parking Caribbean violan la Constituci?n de la Rep?blica.

Sued afirma que es un hombre democr?tico y a la vez respetuoso de la Ley, por lo cual no interferir? el proceso judicial.

Alcalde Santiago no evitar? fallo contra parqu?metros

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Nop that is not what I've heard in the radio, The Blue Parking va a pedir la apelacion de esta centencia but any way no matter lo que pase en los tribunales all the parking meters will be destroyed any time time soon by the people. Ya la gente esta jarta de que el sindico de santiago en complot con esta compania Espanola le esten robando su dinero.

JJ