Headlight Alignment / Aiming in Santo Domingo

Feb 7, 2007
What is the best place (in terms of quality) in SD to get vehicle headlights aligned / properly aimed?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What is the best place (in terms of quality) in SD to get vehicle headlights aligned / properly aimed?
You mean aligned so they are directly in the drivers eyes of oncoming vehicles? Must be lot's of places, as seemingly all cars have had it done, especially those with the powerful aftermarket beams...

Feb 7, 2007
I have seen various D-I-Y links... and have tried it... the light pattern is just wrong...especially the right headlight... in the beam pattern I see strong points, shadows etc... it just ain't right ... before, it was an even light left to right... now there are various strong and weak points and the light pattern looks like "M".

Thing is... before, I was getting flashed even on low beam... then I had a body work done on the front bumper (I got hit by vehicle backing) and since that moment the right headlight is bit of strange... NOW I don't ever get flashed even with high beams on

I need to get the headlights aligned professionally. I don't feel safe driving after dark.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
The body work was probably shoddy and threw the entire headlamp out of alignment. If the work was done to dominican standards you will never get that headlamp correctly aligned again. I had bodywork done on my Altezza a few months back and it's impossible to get the right headlamp into alignment now. It would require bodywork again to get it right (just not worth it).

Sometimes you can apply some brute force to the metal around where the headlamps mount but its never going to be perfect again.

Feb 7, 2007
I was told about a place called CarMax ???

Anybody knows where it is? I cannot find anything on the Internet.

They supposedly do headlights alignment...

Any other company you could think of?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was told about a place called CarMax ???

Anybody knows where it is? I cannot find anything on the Internet.

They supposedly do headlights alignment...

Any other company you could think of?
CarMax is a huge U.S. used car chain.

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
try a gringo garage, as they will have previous experience, from their home country, no disrespect to dominicans, but i dont think the beam setting of headlights correctly are of importance!!