Sankies not only go for foreigners

gabryska

Sep 18, 2008
Hello,

As a young dominican woman I would like to share my "experiences" with sankies. I dont know if any other dominicana has exposed her point of view already and Im being repetitive. If it has been like this I apologize.

Im a typical dominican girl from the middle-upper class of the capital, is very normal for me to go to resorts wether is in summer or for christmas, this is whenever my family cant afford to go abroad. Im not a big fan of the hotel scene specially because I dont like how fake and sold are those dominicans who work there.
Anyway it was summer of 2006 me and a Mexican friend went to Puerto Plata, in summer for 5 days, I see the usual sankies (who mostly are the show boys) trying to call the attention of the british women, then at the disco I see them giving striptease just to impress them. I obviously wasnt impressed and neither were them. One of the sankies M saw it didnt work for him to show his butt to this women he went to talk to me and my friend thinking we were foreigners aswell (he approached us in english).
Me and my friend are very nice people who doesnt mind having a conversation with this type of person. And eveytime we found him we would say Hi and talk a little, one day he was driving around the disco with a nice car, and he told us he has this girlfriend in the UK who send him money and he saved enough to buy it, and he was bragging about how cool he is, and how many other women send him money too, but that this one from UK is the one whos gonna take him there so she is his visa and is the one he loves. To what we said ehhh ok good for you. Next day he changed his attitude and became like a stalker! then in certain occation he approached me and offered me to have sex with him in a very desperate manner. I took it as a joke and said very sacastic"dont you see Im dominican you silly! you're not supposed to be a whore with me!" Bu the didnt find it funny and continued bothering me, thanks God that was my last day there.

In 2007 I was in Sosua with my family and some guy approached my mother, saying to her "why such a beautiful woman is alone?" while me and the rest were swiming in the pool. She said to him "The fact you dont respect yourself doesnt mean I dont respect myself young man!"

Fast forward to 2008 Aug, my boyfriend and I took a trip to Bavaro, we went in bus and it left us on the outside the hotel. So we walked about 1 km to get to the reception, anyway while we are walking tired after 4 1/2 hours in a bus, we see this 3 women (1 with a baby) that come to us and hand me some promotion flyers saying is for "massages". I could clearly see this women were prostitutes, but just to make it clearer one said to me "Ask him if he wants massage too" I just said "..aham.." and we kept walking very repulsed.

A few days later I went to have a drink at the bar and my boyfriend went to the washroom, the bartender guy began talking to me in a flirty matter, then I told him right away I have a boyfriend .. when my boyfriend came back the bartender became very hostile with him and tried to bully him, making comments.

This experiences lead me to think that this people are the worse! And should be avoided at ALL costs.

Mar 2, 2008
Thank you for a very informative post, Gabryska.

You seem like a nice kid, with a head on her shoulders. I'm glad you took the time to share your experiences. Very nicely done.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
took it as a joke and said very sacastic"dont you see Im dominican you silly! you're not supposed to be a whore with me!"
A "whore," you said it! You saw right through him.

In 2007 I was in Sosua with my family and some guy approached my mother, saying to her "why such a beautiful woman is alone?" while me and the rest were swiming in the pool. She said to him "The fact you dont respect yourself doesnt mean I dont respect myself young man!"

Thank goodness you have a great mother! You see gabryska, that's what we mean when we say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Call your Mom, tell her you love her.:cheeky:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The OP's mistake is, she was too friendly. Normally dominican girls from good families don't talk to these guys at all. When she did try to have a conversation with him, be became aggressive. Now the Op knows better not to waste time on these guys.
The other dominican girls are not so nice.
I know a dominican girl in santiago who works for a bank. The bank sent them to a seminar in some resort for the weekend. This girl looks like north american white chick because she is so white. So naturally the sankie confused her for a tourist. He started to hit on her. She didn't respond. then he became more daring and came to her face to says, whats the matter with you, don't you like me?
She looked at him and said "mira maldito mono, dejame en paz..." (look you god damn monkey, leave me alone). Wow, these were some harsh words, needless to say, the sankie ran the other way in shock.
AZB

contasm

May 10, 2005
The OP's mistake is, she was too friendly. Normally dominican girls from good families don't talk to these guys at all. When she did try to have a conversation with him, be became aggressive. Now the Op knows better not to waste time on these guys.
I know a dominican girl in santiago who works for a bank. The bank sent them to a seminar in some resort for the weekend. This girl looks like north american white chick because she is so white. So naturally the sankie confused her for a tourist. He started to hit on her. She didn't respond. then he became more daring and came to her face to says, whats the matter with you, don't you like me?
She looked at him and said "mira maldito mono, dejame en paz..." (look you god damn monkey, leave me alone). Wow, these were some harsh words, needless to say, the sankie ran the other way in shock.
AZB

I just tried to contact Gabryska over the phone to confirm her story.. It has been disconnected. She has a little ad on the web selling ?Improve Upgrade and Practice Your English!? book/tapes.

I decided to do some further research on her story because there is something that just doesn?t click. Somehow I cannot see a well-to-do Dominican girls given the time of day to any of these resort workers. It just does not happens in DR. period.

I believe her story might have been partially made up for her to ?Improve Upgrade and Practice Her English?

Please PM me if you require further details pertaining her cyber ad.

Saludos
Contasm

contasm

May 10, 2005
Well, the title of this topic still a valid one, regardless of the dubious veracity of the OP?s experience.
Many Dominican females from USA have been taken by Sankys. Unfortunately, after many years of NA living, they have lost that sixth sense that, when living en la isla, allowed them to smell these bad intentioned tigueres miles away. They lower their guards and allow these individuals to get back into their hearts. See, after many years in USA; they got used to the considerate and polite ways of the gringo man ( @ least many of them), once confronted with the smooth muela of one of these tigueres, the butter starts to melt away. 7 months later, we have a wedding in POP and 2 months after the wedding, the birth of her first offspring, and number 4 for him ( folks, he already had 3 kids from 3 previous relationships)? well, we all know the end..

Saludos
Contasm

Reactions: FernieBee

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
AZB

I agree with you Dr. AZB girls from well to do Dominican families in DR don't waste their time talking with resort workers.
This reminds me the last time I went golfing in Guavaberry some upscale Dominican lady confusme with a caddy, it was really funny.......

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Well, the title of this topic still a valid one, regardless of the dubious veracity of the OP?s experience.
Many Dominican females from USA have been taken by Sankys. Unfortunately, after many years of NA living, they have lost that sixth sense that, when living en la isla, allowed them to smell these bad intentioned tigueres miles away. They lower their guards and allow these individuals to get back into their hearts. See, after many years in USA; they got used to the considerate and polite ways of the gringo man ( @ least many of them), once confronted with the smooth muela of one of these tigueres, the butter starts to melt away. 7 months later, we have a wedding in POP and 2 months after the wedding, the birth of her first offspring, and number 4 for him ( folks, he already had 3 kids from 3 previous relationships)? well, we all know the end..

Saludos
Contasm

Really? This has never happened to any of my Dominican friends.

These sankys usually never waste their time with Dominicanas. Any time that they bother me or my friends at resorts, we tell them that we are Dominican and they leave us alone. We only have to tell one sanky and he spreads the news around the resort and we are never bothered again by anyone.

contasm

May 10, 2005
Really? This has never happened to any of my Dominican friends.

These sankys usually never waste their time with Dominicanas. Any time that they bother me or my friends at resorts, we tell them that we are Dominican and they leave us alone. We only have to tell one sanky and he spreads the news around the resort and we are never bothered again by anyone.

Many smart Dominicanas like you do know what’s going on within the walls of these resorts; BUT.. There are some that have “lost” the “Picardia” of how to protect themselves once one of these tigueres target them.
There is one source in cyberspace, where some of this relationships are well documented. Many will not admit that they were “taken” by a resort worker but you should be able to read between the lines.
Please take a look @ (edited)Dominicans to the USA - Index[/url]
A site full of Dominicanas (living in USA) being taken for a ride by their fellow countrymen.. It is sad RGVgal, but it is true.. Let me just point you out to one thread…

He's gone

This lady was left by her “husband” after sponsoring him for 5 years.. Please RGVgal; read the thread, and you’ll feel really sorry for this nice lady. It does happens to the nicest people :ermm:

Saludos
Contasm

Last edited by a moderator:

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Many smart Dominicanas like you do know what’s going on within the walls of these resorts; BUT.. There are some that have “lost” the “Picardia” of how to protect themselves once one of these tigueres target them.
There is one source in cyberspace, where some of this relationships are well documented. Many will not admit that they were “taken” by a resort worker but you should be able to read between the lines.
A site full of Dominicanas (living in USA) being taken for a ride by their fellow countrymen.. It is sad RGVgal, but it is true.. Let me just point you out to one thread…

He's gone

This lady was left by her “husband” after sponsoring him for 5 years.. Please RGVgal; read the thread, and you’ll feel really sorry for this nice lady. It does happens to the nicest people :ermm:

Saludos
Contasm

That is sad. They should not be giving these tigueres the time of day.
I guess that's the difference..My friends/family members would never consider getting involved with any of these guys.
If you want to date a loser there are plenty in the states already.. no need to bring one from the DR :)

contasm

May 10, 2005
I guess that's the difference..My friends/family members would never consider getting involved with any of these guys.
If you want to date a loser there are plenty in the states already.. no need to bring one from the DR :)

Exactly RGVgal, it?s hard to understand. These ladies wouldn?t date any of this guys in their own country of residency; waiters, garbage collectors, unemployed, lavaperros etc? but they go down to DR on holidays and? BANG!!!!; these are the type of guys they hook up with? and to make things worse; they marry them and later on they bring them to USA and Canada?
Let me add that many of these ladies are smart, professionals, with good jobs in USA; so it?s puzzling to many of us in this board trying understand this behaviour.
Now, something that I have noticed lately, is the fact that many of these women are entering into these relationships after messy divorces, some of them with 1 or 2 kids of their own.
Do they do it to provide a ?Dominican? father figure to these children ? or just as a desperate chance to get some happiness in their lives, as if this is that last opportunity to form a real family. I just don?t know and guess I wouldn?t ever be able to understand. :ermm:

Saludos
Contasm

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Exactly RGVgal, it?s hard to understand. These ladies wouldn?t date any of this guys in their own country of residency; waiters, garbage collectors, unemployed, lavaperros etc? but they go down to DR on holidays and? BANG!!!!; these are the type of guys they hook up with? and to make things worse; they marry them and later on they bring them to USA and Canada?
Let me add that many of these ladies are smart, professionals, with good jobs in USA; so it?s puzzling to many of us in this board trying understand this behaviour.
Now, something that I have noticed lately, is the fact that many of these women are entering into these relationships after messy divorces, some of them with 1 or 2 kids of their own.
Do they do it to provide a ?Dominican? father figure to these children ? or just as a desperate chance to get some happiness in their lives, as if this is that last opportunity to form a real family. I just don?t know and guess I wouldn?t ever be able to understand. :ermm:

Saludos
Contasm
sure you understand, you just hit the nail on the head.Not all,but a good majority of these women are divorced and have kids.They are low on thier selfesteem and these dominican men know how to build it back up with loads of bull s... Most of these women really just want to have a family and think that these poor dominican men are the answers.I wonder what the percentage of these marriages last after the visa arrives.

contasm

May 10, 2005
sure you understand, you just hit the nail on the head.Not all,but a good majority of these women are divorced and have kids.They are low on thier selfesteem and these dominican men know how to build it back up with loads of bull s... Most of these women really just want to have a family and think that these poor dominican men are the answers.I wonder what the percentage of these marriages last after the visa arrives.

From what I heard from the owner of a website in one of his posts; there was also a Yahoo group which dealt with this type of stories; many guys leave shortly after obtaining the precious work permit, green card or whatever required document is needed to make themselves “permanent” residents in USA or Canada. Many of then have already relatives living there; which make their “escape” hmm sorry; “transition” even much easier.
I have even read, with horror, the story of a lady, who married a Dominican, who later on abandoned her to be able to bring his “dizque” ex-girlfriend tigresa to Nueba Yol !!!!!
It was all planned from the very beginning when the lady set eyes on this tiguere.
What some would do for a visa :mad:… hard to believe !!!!

Saludos
Contasm

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think the topic here is that sankies don't just hit on foreigners so let's stick to that shall we.

Mar 2, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVgal
If you want to date a loser there are plenty in the states already.. no need to bring one from the DR
Exactly RGVgal, it’s hard to understand. These ladies wouldn’t date any of this guys in their own country of residency; waiters, garbage collectors, unemployed, lavaperros etc… but they go down to DR on holidays and… BANG!!!!; these are the type of guys they hook up with… and to make things worse; they marry them and later on they bring them to USA and Canada…
Let me add that many of these ladies are smart, professionals, with good jobs in USA; so it’s puzzling to many of us in this board trying understand this behaviour.
Do they do it to provide a “Dominican” father figure to these children ? or just as a desperate chance to get some happiness in their lives, as if this is that last opportunity to form a real family. I just don’t know and guess I wouldn’t ever be able to understand.
Saludos
Contasm

You guys kinda' missed the point.

It's always a good idea to read a thread starting with the first post. That way you wouldn't look like some people who have one particular axe to grind, and add the same comments to any thread that looks remotely connected.

contasm

May 10, 2005
I think the topic here is that sankies don't just hit on foreigners so let's stick to that shall we.

Anna, please allow me to clarify that all the Sanky ?victims? I have been referring to in this thread are Dominican females living in USA. I don?t think I have deviated from the topic

Saludos
Contasm

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Well the saddest story I heard was of a DR woman who was a recent widower. She went back to the DR to visit family and mourn and met a guy who became what she thought was her friend. They later married and she brought him to Canada. Poor thing was taken to the cleaners.

The guy (and his family) obviously saw that she was vulnerable and took advantage of the situation.