Funny story. Hahaha

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
A guy we know through other friends. Mind you, this is an old story but recently told to me by a friend.
During president hippolito's days many of my friends worked for his administration. many worked in his campaign and others held government jobs. One guy in particular had a botella job and ID of DNI. DNI is the equivalent of FBI in DR. He carried a gun and walked around like authority in santiago. he would pull his gun on everyone. he was a dangerous man to be around.
So one day he was driving on the road with another friend. he sees a car driven by an old man cross a red light. So to impress his friend, he chases down the car and pulls in front of it. Comes out with gun drawn and orders the man to step out. The old man was clearly upset and seemed embarrassed in front of his friends who were riding with him in his car. So the fake DNi agent threatens to take the man to jail for crossing a red light, then he proceeds to tell him that he is DNI and can cause a lot of trouble for him.
Meanwhile the old man makes a call and all of the sudden a few police cars pull over. Turns out, the old man is a general and extremely ****ed off. he orders the police to arrest the guy and throw him in jail. Upon finding out his error he begins to beg the general to forgive him. The general made it clear to him that he is not DNI or even Amet. He embarrassed the general in front of his friends etc. Needless to say the fake DNI guy was thrown in jail. his car impounded, gun taken away. he calls his mom crying from jail. The mom calls his friends to get him out. Well not many people could help because the general was very high up, connected with the president. So after some high level calls the general cools off and lets him go. Hahahaha. lesson learned.
AZB

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Brilliant

That is a perfect Dominican anecdote! :laugh:

AZB, you should be declared a national treasure in the DR, USA and Pakistan.

Reactions: FernieBee

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
HAHHAA karmas a bitc_!

AZB is this the same friend (the one you mention in this story) you've talked about here on DR1 before? Couldve sworn ive seen you mention this guy before.

Truly put a smile on my face with this story. Nothing I hate more than some comeplatano thinking he's big sh_t...

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Passing

Not unusual for whatever fulano here to try to pass himself or herself off, as an official, connected, high class, known by all under the eyes of god, as a very important schmuck of one ilk or the other. Some are better at it than others. But anyone who tries to impress friends by brandishing a gun for an everyday traffic infraction deserves exactly what he got.....jail time. I hope his Momma still loves him.:bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
HAHHAA karmas a bitc_!

AZB is this the same friend (the one you mention in this story) you've talked about here on DR1 before? Couldve sworn ive seen you mention this guy before.

Truly put a smile on my face with this story. Nothing I hate more than some comeplatano thinking he's big sh_t...

very good memory. He is the same idiot who pulled a gun on my face. The same guiy who got busted by his banker wife when he took a cuero to resort. This is the same guy who shot himself in his own belly, cleaning up a 9mm automatic pistol. The bullet was hollow point. After 2 surgeries, he looks like a zombie. He is lucky to be alive.
AZB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
During president hippolito's days many of my friends worked for his administration. many worked in his campaign and others held government jobs. One guy in particular had a botella job and ID of DNI. DNI is the equivalent of FBI in DR. He carried a gun and walked around like authority in santiago. he would pull his gun on everyone. he was a dangerous man to be around. AZB
Now THAT explains a lot about AZB :cheeky:;) ~ Grahame.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now THAT explains a lot about AZB :cheeky:;) ~ Grahame.

Remember bushbaby, and I know you are way old enough to remember this: Hippo won because leonel was doing a bad job at the time. many supported Hippo because he was the lesser evil of the 2. Hippo started out good and people had the hope he will revive the economy. he invested money in government projects and tourism etc. It was later on in his administration he screwed up big time. This is when we all saw the true colors of his administration. This is when I parted from them. if you remember correctly, i supported his party and actually had met hippo 3 times. now I can't even stand his name.
of course you don't remember all that, your hatred for AZB has blinded you, like many others here. So you are no special stud just another sheep in the herd.
AZB

Mar 2, 2008
"of course you don't remember all that, your hatred for AZB has blinded you, like many others here. So you are no special stud just another sheep in the herd."

Wow, just a tad harsh, don't you think?

Also it is a good example of going over the top, AZB style.

The thing is, you made a very good case up to that point in your post. You presented the facts as you saw them, and explained the historical de-evolution of that Hippo term very well.

And then, it all goes for naught because you couldn't refrain from the gratuitous personal attack.

I'm not an anti-AZB terrorist. I simply respond to your posts, in terms of their form and substance. Thus far, for the year, you're doing fine in substance and failing in form.

It is possible to accomplish both simultaneously.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And then, it all goes for naught because you couldn't refrain from the gratuitous personal attack.

catcher, that's not an attack, IMHO. Even AZB must know he isn't important enough to warrant 'hatred'. What it is is an example of faulty logic - I can't see anything in BB's post above (replete with smileys) which would lead to the conclusion AZB posted. Ergo, he has a need to read it this way. Probably best to accord it the importance it deserves...............viz. ignore it.

Back to the general.............

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"of course you don't remember all that, your hatred for AZB has blinded you, like many others here. So you are no special stud just another sheep in the herd."

Wow, just a tad harsh, don't you think?

Also it is a good example of going over the top, AZB style.

The thing is, you made a very good case up to that point in your post. You presented the facts as you saw them, and explained the historical de-evolution of that Hippo term very well.

I'm not an anti-AZB terrorist. I simply respond to your posts, in terms of their form and substance. Thus far, for the year, you're doing fine in substance and failing in form.

It is possible to accomplish both simultaneously.

catcher, why was there any need for bushbaby to post a response like this? what were his motives? he knows damn well hippo was elected because the out-going president was worthless to dominicans. I bet even he supported the election results at the time. He only posts out of pure dislike for me. I know his motives very well. This is not the first time he has poked at me.
AZB

Feb 7, 2007
catcher, why was there any need for bushbaby to post a response like this?

As I see it Bushbaby's response was a lighthearted one.

he put :cheeky: ;) signs .... that shows he was taking it on a light side... it was in no way a serious comment.

AZB I like and agree with very many of your points of view, but the threads in recent days have gotten you a bit paranoic that anything (even a lighthearted comment meant in no way as a personal attack or to offend you) said now about you, you consider as a personal attack.

I have been observing these discussions from a distance and I have seen lots of people attacking you in the past few days without a real reason (well, they thought they had a reason). So I cannot say I blame you I would be doing and feeling the same way as you do... just take a deep breath... not everything said is meant against you. The smiley signs as per above are the "clues" what is said seriously and what not.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
As I see it Bushbaby's response was a lighthearted one.

he put :cheeky: ;) signs .... that shows he was taking it on a light side... it was in no way a serious comment.

AZB I like and agree with very many of your points of view, but the threads in recent days have gotten you a bit paranoic that anything (even a lighthearted comment meant in no way as a personal attack or to offend you) said now about you, you consider as a personal attack.

I have been observing these discussions from a distance and I have seen lots of people attacking you in the past few days without a real reason (well, they thought they had a reason). So I cannot say I blame you I would be doing and feeling the same way as you do... just take a deep breath... not everything said is meant against you. The smiley signs as per above are the "clues" what is said seriously and what not.
AbsoBloodyLutely r_h!!
What I wrote was able to be read in many different ways, Good, Bad, Lighthearted or noncommital. Depending on your inner security level you laugh it off, you come back attacking or you just ignore it. Personally I tend to ignore little jibes at me (on the very rare ocassions it happens because I am so perfect in my posts :ermm::cheeky:;):paranoid:) because I find them usually quite revealing.

Reading peoples personalities on this board can be tremendous fun sometimes. AZB is such a nice guy in person - he has OFTEN told me so & I BELIEVE him! :cheeky:;) ~ Grahame.

Feb 7, 2007
Grahame, why to add more gasoline into the fire? Just leave the topic as it is ...

I think there's been enough personal attacks here lately. We all need to take a deep breath and get some fresh air....