eea visa for dominican married to french

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
quickly and hopefully clearly im gonna explain my story,hopefully it might help some people here
got together 20 month ago,got married 2 month ago on the 29th of september
i went back here in london on the 14th of october,applied for his visa straight away,got appointement on the 3rd of november,visa was issued the 14th,and my husbnad collect it on the 27 th,because the british consulate in nyc was very slow to send back everything!
he arrived today with air berlin,very efficient staff,who gave me the right information over the phone,yes he could transit via germany because he got a uk visa and he is married to eea national(im french but living in london)
his trip was very smooth,the only issues he had was the dominican immigration in punta cana,but he had no problem with the german and british even so my husband dont speak english!
so im very lucky everything went well
and my friend L.. your turn will be soon.
juts to mention that eea visa is more easy to get because of the europeen law,if i was living in my country france,it will have been at least 8 month after the mariage,but i live in the uk and he did help me!!

GOOD LUCK for the one trying,it worth it!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats and wishing you the best.

I like to keep track of these things for future refference so may I ask what does eea visa stand for?

Thanks

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
eea visa is for the spouse or the family member of a european
but only if the europeean living in an another european country
but we dont have the schengen but a uk visa and yes he can go to europe with this visa only if he travel with me,if he want to travel alone he need to apply for the schengen
i hope is clear,also this visa is free!

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
CONGRATS!! AMIGA!!
You deserve it..... well it seems like a fantastic xmas and new year for you hope H settles in well...dont forget were gonna meet up in the new year (fingers crossed)im looking forward to that Dominica meal:cheeky: oh did H bring some rum??? hope he did...:D