la mulata road

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
any news concerning of what will happen with the la mulata road, the conditions right now are probably not much better then from any santo domingo hood, it is truly a shame that such a large community of foreigners, international schools and other businesses are not able to get something solid together or at least to express their discontent with the local authorities in charge which just keep trowing in some very small layers of caliche which usually lasts for about 3 days.

this has been going on for about 2 years now, many people have been ripped (750 us per house) off who already paid there share for the road, this is and has been confirmed several times, as obviously the road it still a nightmare.

anything anyone ?

ill be glad to get some pics of the road for all the great not believers out there, it takes more then 5 min just to get from la mulata 2 to the mainroad, a regular car will touch the bottom at least once on the way, and this in a community where most houses sell starting at 150.000 going up to the mios and most people work or operate buisness in Sosua, is this how the Sosua ayuntamiento appreciates our contributions, by making us live at no better conditions then in a bad bad neighborhood slum without asphalt road ??

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
What Else is New?

The road is a disaster,but, I made a trip to Samana the day before yesterday and the state of the north coast highway is not much better. I think it is an embarassment to the country. I don,t know how people can drive small cars here.Some of the worst holes are at the new international airport.What a perfect first impression of the country.
I can not understand why people with real money who can afford homes upward of half a million would choose to live here. How can you invest so much money in a home, pull out of your garage in your new mercedes and break the wheelstuds off a half block from home.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Maybe someone on the "Road Committee" can give us an update????

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
la mulata road

sky, i do believe we asked this question a couple of months ago and we never got a reply then, i think the thread was closed, looks like all those who contributed can kiss their cash good bye!!.....unless someone knows different....we shall await their earliest response

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
this thread has been viewed at least 257 times without a reply from the "road committee" does anyone actually have any interest in the road!!! or should i post my bank details so the La Mulata residents can deposit $750 into my account for nothing too!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Instead of digging up dirt on the board, why don't you pick up the phone or go see those responsible, the road committee etc.

Sorry, I will not allow DR1 to be used as a vehicle for peoples gripes or vendettas etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.