BOCA CHICA Hotel

Jerzey7

Sep 15, 2008
I was wondering if anyone could suggest an affordable, clean, non-inclusive hotel/motel,apartment in Boca Chica for Dec 2008?;)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
El Candil #1 Costalunga #2

depends what you want. Candil has a friendly courtyard with a pool that some people hang out at. While Costalunga is much more private. Not a real common area. BUt the rooms at costalunga are not as nice...but they are fine and safe.

I just find Candil just a bit nicer (imho)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
El Candil #1 Costalunga #2

depends what you want. Candil has a friendly courtyard with a pool that some people hang out at. While Costalunga is much more private. Not a real common area. BUt the rooms at costalunga are not as nice...but they are fine and safe.

I just find Candil just a bit nicer (imho)

jrzyguy I think you made a typo. It should read Costalunga #1 and Candil #2. ;)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
heyas bird. Well...we all have our preferences. For some reason i just like the pool area and balconies at candil better than costalunga. Tho miguel who works the front desk at costalunga is a great guy.

The only thing about costalunga is that you need to ask for a room facing away from the street. I stayed there on my last trip and man...my friend and i could barely hold a conversation because the motos were so loud!

Also...last time i was there Mario (the owner) let his kids run rampant around the hallways (on tricycles no less) at 8AM!!!

On the plus side...if one is going to "have fun" with the locals...costalunga offers much more privacy. whereas at candil the other guests hang in the common area and will quickly figure out your business.

Jerzey7

Sep 15, 2008
awwwwwwww Yeah no no fun, I ended up going to Europa..thanks though. will keep those in mind for the next trip.