traveling with pets

nml57

Feb 22, 2005
can we bring our pets to dominican republic
my dog is vacinated ...ok for usa

Aug 21, 2007
Yes, you can bring your dog. Get a health certificate from your vet. Either an International Health Certificate or a State Certificate will do. Please do a search on Dr1 and you will find all the information you need.

If your dog cannot fit under the seat of the aircraft and must travel in cargo, beware there are blackout dates for pet travel.

Good luck.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
What country are you bringing your dog from? We travel regularly between our home here and the US. If you want info on bringing a pet from the US let me know

Bob K

Yachtguy1

Sep 30, 2008
Traveling with pets

Hi,

Yes, you can bring your dog. Health certificate from your US vet and a proper carrier are required. Continental Airlines to Santo DOmingo is the best, and the Cargo Boss there is a pal of mine.

My precious baby has made the harrowing trip several times and we have streamlined the process. I would only recommend this if you are staying a while. The process can be time consuming and frought with poo poo...

Sanation

May 21, 2007
can we bring our pets to dominican republic
my dog is vacinated ...ok for usa

Are you moving here indefinately or for a fixed term?

If you intend on going 'home' in the future, check with your local customs about quarantine when returning.

I looked at bringing my cats from Australia, but then found out that to take them back again they would have to be quarantined for 6 months. I came here on a two year work contract, so decided it wasn't worth the stress or expense.

My beloved kittens are living with 'Grandma' until I return next year.