Light Out

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
I visited the DR on several different occasions in the last 5 years and had an overall good experience. The one thing that I found very difficult to get used to was the black-outs.

Reading the posts a month or so back I saw that these are now more frequent and last longer. Imagining the frequency might connect into the duration for an uncomfortable loop, I wanted to find out if things have improved or gotten worse. The main complaint from the forum has been that political corruption runs so deep that the problem would get worse before it gets better. Any changes, improvements or otherwise? Thanks

Ron

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It has been an issue for the 16 years I have been living here & doubtless waaay before that, too. Improvements occur prior to elections (next elections 2010, congressional & municipal), then it slips again. Some areas are worse than others. Most of us have inverters and/or generators as backup. When you see a lot of those for sale you'll know the situation has improved markedly. ;)

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
Lights Out

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am thinking of visiting again in late December or early January and need to know what to expect. I am not sure what area I will be traveling in, but could be from Barahona to Sanchez and Sosua. So, I would need to make plans ahead and try to avoid any accommodation that does not have a good generator. Therefore, any specific information would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Ron

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
Thank you, Lambada

it has been some time, but I will contact the places where I stayed previously to find out what to expect.

Saludos

Ron