Electrical Expert on North Coast?

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I am completing my house in Sosua, and the thread on surge protection has me feeling vulnerable. I have 3 new lcd tvs, computers, new fridge, washer, dryer and god knows what else.

Can the experts agree on a company or individual with whom I can consult about which inverter, grounding, surge protection, etc?

Thanks - D

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Call Migo 809-304-3653. Tell him Ricardo sent you. You will not find better on the North Coast.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
First off, you need to ground your entire house. This is the most importnat single thing you can do. This is not highly technical stuff, but very seldome done here.

Next, have everything that is REALLY important go through a spike bar and a voltage regulator...they are small and can be put out of the way...

Regards,

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Best work I have seen on the North Coast, actually the entire DR is by a guy from Belgium that lives in Sosua. He has great pricing and really knows his stuff. Send Curt at "curt@dr1.com" an email, he has his details.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Best work I have seen on the North Coast, actually the entire DR is by a guy from Belgium that lives in Sosua. He has great pricing and really knows his stuff. Send Curt at "curt@dr1.com" an email, he has his details.

Guess you are talking about Andre, He's a great guy. 100% reliable.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
spike bar?

First off, you need to ground your entire house. This is the most importnat single thing you can do. This is not highly technical stuff, but very seldome done here.

Next, have everything that is REALLY important go through a spike bar and a voltage regulator...they are small and can be put out of the way...

Regards,

HB

HB - By spike bar, do you mean surge surpressor? - D

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
I guys I just had a group of young electricians(college educate) fix some of my issues. Call Frank in Santiago he can coordinate a visit for you he speak great english.8092957091 tell him Albin sent you.. great price value..

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
spike bar=grounding post
It's about 5/8" diameter and 6 feet long, copper coated.
This gets driven into the ground (earth). Make sure when you purchase the spike you also get the clamp. Once spike is hammered into the earth as deep as you can, attach the clamp with your "ground" wire. This wire then is secured to your panel box.

Yachtguy1

Sep 30, 2008
If none of these resources pan out, get a hold of me. I am a certified electrician with a business starting up on the north coast.

Best of luck