Residency laws changing january 2009.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
Has anybody heard about the provisional residency laws changing starting this january 2009 ?

Making it even harder to get !

Does anyone know what will change ?

Can any residency-lawyers out there answer this ??

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Heck, how much harder can it get. i just went to re-new mine. Come to find out my Cedula is not registered. My residency card does not correspond to my Cedula it is in someone else name. So NOW what. All of this came from the Govt. ????

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
Heck, how much harder can it get. i just went to re-new mine. Come to find out my Cedula is not registered. My residency card does not correspond to my Cedula it is in someone else name. So NOW what. All of this came from the Govt. ????

Which law-firm did you use ?

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Did all myself. What difference would it make ? These were all issued by the Office of Immigration and, JEC. I used my Cedula to get my drivers linc.
The Residency card to fly back in June of '08. Just another scam.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
Did all myself. What difference would it make ? These were all issued by the Office of Immigration and, JEC. I used my Cedula to get my drivers linc.
The Residency card to fly back in June of '08. Just another scam.

Well, apparently if you don't get your provisional-residency done by the end of December 2008, it's going to be a whole different set of laws to get your provisional-residency starting this January.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
One has nothing to do with the other. Everything is my name address is correct. It is the numbers that don't match up to me. My Residency number belongs to a women from Italy. I live here for 10 years and, never bothered with this. This is why. Nothing works here.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
My residency was done 8/21/07 Residencia Temporal. It is when I went to get the letter of good conduct again all of this turned up. I have talked to many Dominicans they have the same problems with their Cedula.

Ceasar Garcia

Oct 1, 2008
Nope went in personally. I know Dilone' Ovalles he is the director of migration. He walked me through the whole process. Just someone did not do their job.

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
where did you heard this ?

Please review the source.

Has anybody heard about the provisional residency laws changing starting this january 2009 ?

Making it even harder to get !

Does anyone know what will change ?

Can any residency-lawyers out there answer this ??

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Nope went in personally. I know Dilone' Ovalles he is the director of migration. He walked me through the whole process. Just someone did not do their job.

Commiserations. So your cedula & residency are the same number but when it is run through the system an Italian lady shows up as the owner of that number & not you? I really don't know what to advise other than seeing S?r Ovalles again.

Well, apparently if you don't get your provisional-residency done by the end of December 2008, it's going to be a whole different set of laws to get your provisional-residency starting this January.

No I hadn't heard this. Normally if such things occur the DR1 Legal Expert Dr. Guzman is kind enough to write a summary of salient points for us. I suggest we wait until we hear from him so that no-one speculates or leads others to faulty conclusions or unnecessary concern.

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
til now we are just talking about rumors.
did anybody found any article in a paper or have a law-change number about that??
btw,
to get a residency in any country could not be easier than to get the dominican one.
i have my own name printed in 4 different passports and i carried from my prior travels and jobs several residencies on the globe(i only renew my passports since i am sure to stay here on the Isle), to get the dominican one is by far the most hassle free one, it couldn't be easier.
enjoy the weekend
Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't know details but the taxes for residency are to be raised from january thus changing lawyers charges. senior guzman should have exact numbers....

Canela21

Oct 29, 2008
The taxes have already been raised.

Yes, I just turned in my papers and I can vouch for that.

I can't recall all the exact numbers, but in case anyone's wondering, here's an estimate of some of the costs that I paid:

-Medical exam: $3700 (has gone up from either $3000 or $3400)
-Birth certificate legalization: $70US (DR consulate in US, $100US for VIP), $600ish at Canciller?a, about $400 at Procuradur?a
-Certificado de buena conducta: About $380
-Carta de garant?a: varies, depends on the lawyer...
-Sellos de expediente: $1000
-Overstay taxes: $3500 (1 year - 1.5)

I know for sure the medical exam and sellos fees were raised fairly recently, since the old prices were crossed out and the new prices written on the forms haha.
The formulario de solicitud is still just $40 though :)