Nighlife Dress Code in Sosua

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
I'll be returning to Sosua next week for a very short trip.

It's been a while since I visited the island...

Does Classicos still have a dress code?

What about Latino club?

I usually wear shorts and a shirt... but I know that Classicos use to require more... is this still true?

A

apostropheman

As long as you have money in your pocket I doubt that either of the places you mention will turn you away for wearing shorts.

That does not mean that you should wear shorts out at night but that's another topic. :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Apos, what's up dude?

This summer, and I think as late as October, they were not allowing Baseball caps on guys going up the steps. They take your hat, and you can pick it up on the way out.

Shorts is another thing, bit harder to prevent. But I'm sure they would like to discourage it.

Just remember the words of ZZ Top - "every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man"

Reactions: Rocky

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the dress code for gringos is usually shorts and a stupid look on your face so the working girls can identify you more easily. :laugh:
nothing has really changed....

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Think Security

Clothing with zippers, or at least buttons on the pockets. this will help keep the pick pockets out.:tired:

Reactions: FernieBee

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
lads make an effort when you go out!!....shorts!!...even if you are a tourist, you dont have to go round looking like one!! lol

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
I usually don't see men with shorts on while I am at Classicos or Latinos. The men with shorts are are usually the tourists! Most of the guys wear jeans or other pants.

No baseball caps at Classicos. I was there a couple of weeks ago and saw a few men have to give up there caps and then get them back when they leave.

As for the women....well I think that any goes really for the dress code.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
And how they walk in them kill me. I would for sure fall and break an ankle or two. Don't get me wrong, I wear heels, just not 6 inch ones like they too.

Hooker Heels....funny. I haven't heard that in a long time.

Cheers
Erin

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i always used to "dress down" while i was living in Sosua, cargo shorts and white T-shirts, that was me. since i've moved to Santiago it's a different story. now even if i'm just going to a super-market i'll put on long pants and a nice shirt, make sure the belt and the shoes are the same color...

I'll be returning to Sosua next week for a very short trip.

It's been a while since I visited the island...

Does Classicos still have a dress code?

What about Latino club?

I usually wear shorts and a shirt... but I know that Classicos use to require more... is this still true?

As long as you have somewhere to put your cash you could probably be naked on Pedro Clisante at night

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i always dress up when i'm in sosua at night. you seem to get a lot more respect among the locals. the working girls also don't seem that aggressive towards me either...

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Kyle, with all due respect, why would i want any respect from the locals who hang out at 2AM? those are just tigueres who are trying to scam you and push their cousins on you so they get a cut later on. many times i wished Sosua was more upscale, or there was an upscale bar in Sosua where you just fill you need to dress up to fit in, without an enforced dress-code, because i like to dress up and be elegant, but in Sosua if you dressed up in a nice suit with cuff-links and such, everyone would be looking at you like you was crazy.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
, but in Sosua if you dressed up in a nice suit with cuff-links and such, everyone would be looking at you like you was crazy.

Cuff Links in Sosua... Let's not go crazy here

I think "dress appropriately" is the right term. Why wear shorts in a disco? Would you do that in Brooklyn? in Montreal? in Peoria?

Shorts pants going to the beach, slacks and a nice shirt if going out at nite.

I would be all for Classicos, Secrits, X-Club and Latinos cracking down on the underdressed. No shorts, no cargo pants, no T-shirts, no caps, and no tennis shoes.

Chicas can, of course, wear whatever they want....:bunny::bunny:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I think "dress appropriately" is the right term. Why wear shorts in a disco? Would you do that in Brooklyn? in Montreal? in Peoria?
None of those places you mentioned are beach towns.

IMHO, shorts are acceptable any time of the day in most beach-towns wordwide (unless you are going to an upscale club or resturaunt).

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I usually wear shorts and a shirt...
I usually wear this...
2z4k704.jpg

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
Fernie,

That was you I saw the last time I was there!!!!

To funny. Good for a laugh on a day that isn't busy at work.

Cheers
Erin