El Marinique Hotel in Las Galeras

rsfl17

Jun 13, 2004
Hi all - do you recommend this hotel for a young couple? We do not need luxury, but do want a clean, very safe, hotel with close access to beach. A good on-site restaurant is a definite must.

Thanks,
RS

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Been there, done that!! Quiet, good people....near everything..

Go for it..

HB

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi RS,

Hillbilly has said it all, except good food.... yes great location.

Have Fun

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Hi.. I stayed there 2 years ago. I had a great time. I had the place all to myself. The beach was quiet. The food was very good. The people were very nice. They even made a special dessert for my birthday.

I would go back and stay there.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A fine place, and Andy and Nichole are wonderful hosts. We've stayed there often and highly recommend.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi All,
Speaking of Andy and Nicole, has any one seen or heard from them recently.....?????

I remember he used to post all the time......nice guy.

Darlene

Dec 29, 2008
El Marinique Hotel

The group that I mentioned in another thread (Aging Issues) will be staying here in January. Andy has been exceedingly helpful - answering all types of questions. We're looking forward to three days on the beach before returning to the States. Question - is it really true that it is impossible to go whale watching before Jan15? No permits? didn't hear that from Andy, but someone else mentioned. And if we have to choose between el Limon and Los Haitises (not sure of spelling) - which?

Darlene

Dec 29, 2008
Didn't work out

The hotel didn't work out for us as planned. Believe there to be others that fit better.

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
Question - is it really true that it is impossible to go whale watching before Jan15? No permits? And if we have to choose between el Limon and Los Haitises (not sure of spelling) - which?

It?s not serious offering whale watching before - because the whales won?t be there. Best time to watch them is in February.

Los Haitises are a Natural park, with mangroves, birds, caves and lots of nature. If you?ll have a good guide interested in showing you all that nature, you?ll have a very beautiful day.
Las cascadas a El Limon - the waterfalls are really nice. If you like climbing up there with a "flock" of another 25 non-horseback-riders and than have a bath with 200 other people - enjoy your day! But best time to go up there is a private sunrise tour. Ask for this directely at EL Limon, I don?t think that its offered by your agency.

Saludos