Thread: german foods

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default german foods

hello,
    i have lived here for 2 years and would like to find a store/supermarket/butcher/bakery where i can purchase german food products like kraut, smoked sausage, liver dumplings, etc. i live in the gazcue area and do not have a car, can anyone assist me. thanks, jim

Post Thanks / Like

Not the Gazcue area, but there is exactly that sort of place in El Cacique, between Independencia and Malecón, near one of the gas stations.

Sorry to be so vague - I know how to get there but can't remember the name of the street or the name of the place.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chiman0624 View Post
    hello,
    i have lived here for 2 years and would like to find a store/supermarket/butcher/bakery where i can purchase german food products like kraut, smoked sausage, liver dumplings, etc. i live in the gazcue area and do not have a car, can anyone assist me. thanks, jim
    The place Chiri is talking about must be the German butcher, I think his name is Erik or something like that. He's excellent and supplies restaurants too, notably Chalet Suizo. I suggest you call Paul Scherer, the owner of Chalet Suizo, (809 534 0100) because Paul also has a small German delicatessen store at the Chalet where they may stock what you're looking for. Chalet Suizo is on the Malecon (Km 10) on the next corner just west of Casa de Espana before you get to the junction with Av. Luperon, and the butcher isn't too far from there..

Bryan

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In the lobby of the Hotel Condo Parque / Medusa bar (Calle Palo Hincado 165) there is a store for the tenants with the imported German foods for the tenants. Rather long but still a walking distance from Gazcue