german foods

chiman0624

Jul 15, 2003
hello,
i have lived here for 2 years and would like to find a store/supermarket/butcher/bakery where i can purchase german food products like kraut, smoked sausage, liver dumplings, etc. i live in the gazcue area and do not have a car, can anyone assist me. thanks, jim

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not the Gazcue area, but there is exactly that sort of place in El Cacique, between Independencia and Malec?n, near one of the gas stations.

Sorry to be so vague - I know how to get there but can't remember the name of the street or the name of the place.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
hello,
i have lived here for 2 years and would like to find a store/supermarket/butcher/bakery where i can purchase german food products like kraut, smoked sausage, liver dumplings, etc. i live in the gazcue area and do not have a car, can anyone assist me. thanks, jim

The place Chiri is talking about must be the German butcher, I think his name is Erik or something like that. He's excellent and supplies restaurants too, notably Chalet Suizo. I suggest you call Paul Scherer, the owner of Chalet Suizo, (809 534 0100) because Paul also has a small German delicatessen store at the Chalet where they may stock what you're looking for. Chalet Suizo is on the Malecon (Km 10) on the next corner just west of Casa de Espana before you get to the junction with Av. Luperon, and the butcher isn't too far from there..

Bryan

Facility

Sep 3, 2008
In the lobby of the Hotel Condo Parque / Medusa bar (Calle Palo Hincado 165) there is a store for the tenants with the imported German foods for the tenants. Rather long but still a walking distance from Gazcue :)