I scream!!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Ok this one is for a friend who is not a dr1 member but i said i would post and see if anyone could help.

She bought one of those ridiculously expensive Italian Ice cream machines for $20,000 american dollars!!..you know the ones like Mr. Whippy. When her and her long time partner (Dominican) went their seperate ways it was court ordered that if the machine was sold the proceeds would be divided equally between her and her ex partner. Even though the machine was paid for by her and in her name...but thats another story.

Anyway after two years of my friend struggling to sell the machine and keeping in running the said ex boyfriend returned from Germany sold the machine to someone in Puerta PLata and buggered off to Germany with all the money. She only found out it had been sold after he had dissapeared.

She contacted the ex boyfriend and he said that he had been paid 50% and was going to tell the man who bought the machine for $8,000 to give my friend the other 50% ...yeah likely story!

As this ummmm gentleman has left the country is there anything she can do?

His brother was running and responsible for the machine, could she get him arrested for aiding and abetting..as i suppose in theory it was stolen????????

By the way if you have bought a Ice cream machine from a a$$hole domnican , send me a PM Lol!

x

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Call the Hotline

Call the sankie hotline. It is called SWAN.
Sankie Wins Another.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha
funny story.
do ya really think there can be anything done afterwards??
the only solution in her favor would have been to sell the machine gerself to a friend of her's right away after ordered, for let's say 1000 bucks, pass 50% 500 bucks to her ex-sankie of course with a written receipt and leave him in peace on his sankie business in germany while you gals still have the machine here, lol.
count it on 'paradise' experiences
Mike

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
ha ha
funny story.
do ya really think there can be anything done afterwards??
the only solution in her favor would have been to sell the machine gerself to a friend of her's right away after ordered, for let's say 1000 bucks, pass 50% 500 bucks to her ex-sankie of course with a written receipt and leave him in peace on his sankie business in germany while you gals still have the machine here, lol.
count it on 'paradise' experiences
Mike

Funny enough i did suggest something similar just after the courts decision, but she didnt go for it.

To be honest no i dont think anything can be done and yes he was or i guess still is a sankie. But she has been a great friend to me and wanted to see if i could help her out.

The only thing i thought was for her to go to the police and report the machine stolen, or to report that her employee had sold the machine. Well something along those lines, as in reality it has been stolen...right?

Anyway if anyone can help or suggest something i would be greatful, and i would appreciate no more sankie comments as she really is a great person and im never quite sure why people are so overjoyed when a sankie gets one over on someone.

anyway this is not the mars and venus section, so if anyone has any legal advice that would be great,

Thanks

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Ok this one is for a friend who is not a dr1 member but i said i would post and see if anyone could help.
She bought one of those ridiculously expensive Mr. Whippy Italian Ice cream Vans.

Anyway after two years of my friend struggling to sell the machine and keeping in running the said ex boyfriend returned from Germany sold the machine to someone in Puerta PLata and buggered off to Germany with all the money. She only found out it had been sold after he had dissapeared.

She contacted the ex boyfriend and he said that he had been paid 50% and was going to tell the man who bought the machine for $8,000 to give my friend the other 50% ...yeah likely story!

As this ummmm gentleman has left the country is there anything she can do?

:bunny: Look no further maybe we have found it
CUMMINGS ORIGINAL BODY MK23 ICE CREAM VAN 1995 (M) on eBay, also Other Commercial Vehicles, Other Commercial Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 10-Dec-08 18:28:57 GMT) :ermm: Should have posted this in the Clown Bin LOL

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Can't she just buy an other ice cream machine??
I have one for sale. It's an italian Bravo machine. ;)
Seriously, I have one for sale!

TheHun

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Funny enough i did suggest something similar just after the courts decision, but she didnt go for it.

To be honest no i dont think anything can be done and yes he was or i guess still is a sankie. But she has been a great friend to me and wanted to see if i could help her out.

The only thing i thought was for her to go to the police and report the machine stolen, or to report that her employee had sold the machine. Well something along those lines, as in reality it has been stolen...right?

Anyway if anyone can help or suggest something i would be greatful, and i would appreciate no more sankie comments as she really is a great person and im never quite sure why people are so overjoyed when a sankie gets one over on someone.

anyway this is not the mars and venus section, so if anyone has any legal advice that would be great,

Thanks

seriously Laura,
do ya really wana tell me such is some kind of "theft"???
sorry for your friend,
but how could a employee "take/steel" that machine and sell it for his s..(i don't mention that name in respect of you) - friend and really send him the money over there?
maybe they are a S.. -MOB or such, maybe that machine been placed somewhere where everybody could take it.
hey,
do her a favor and get her a new date
and all will be just fine.,

HUN,
i don't ask who sold it,
what's the exact brand/serie and what's the cost?

Mike

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
In reality I bought the machine for 10,000 dollars not 8,000 but I paid him in full,you need to go after him for 5,000 dollars. But man is the ice cream really good.

Do they come with sprinkles on top!

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just suppose the purchaser has only paid 50%. If she knows who it is, can't she go after him for the other 50%? Or if the purchaser has paid 100%, can she go after the brother? When I say 'go after' I'm being colloquial - I'm NOT suggesting legal action because that'd just be a waste of money. She would need to get someone to enquire of the purchaser what he paid because he could have paid the full asking price. If she is in the same location & IF she knows what she is doing, there are, shall we say, more indigenously acceptable ways of getting debts back but they are not part of any legal forum ;). But, she wouldn't do this herself & I wouldn't recommend it unless she has connections. It would be unwise to even think of this route if it was likely to rebound on her.

Had ex-boyfriend still been in DR & since the separation of assets was Court ordered 50:50 she could have gone back to her lawyer for advice because the Court order has been broken. With him out of the country this is harder to do, but she could ask her lawyer whether it is worth filing a complaint in case he returns to DR again.

I think I know who this friend of yours is - if I'm right I recall years ago when she bought this machine she was in touch with us for some advice about setting up a company. Nice lady - great shame it turned out this way for her. My best wishes to her.

Great thread title LJ!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
hey guys,
now i really get interested.
still looking for the right extraordinary "reyes" which suits my boy and the Mrs and myself the same time(sure i am the one who 'manages the machine in the house, lol).
how much is it???
Mike

I don't have it, I think badpiece has it.

Don't make me the "Monkey In The Middle"

Pc

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Just suppose the purchaser has only paid 50%. If she knows who it is, can't she go after him for the other 50%? Or if the purchaser has paid 100%, can she go after the brother? When I say 'go after' I'm being colloquial - I'm NOT suggesting legal action because that'd just be a waste of money. She would need to get someone to enquire of the purchaser what he paid because he could have paid the full asking price. If she is in the same location & IF she knows what she is doing, there are, shall we say, more indigenously acceptable ways of getting debts back but they are not part of any legal forum ;). But, she wouldn't do this herself & I wouldn't recommend it unless she has connections. It would be unwise to even think of this route if it was likely to rebound on her.

Had ex-boyfriend still been in DR & since the separation of assets was Court ordered 50:50 she could have gone back to her lawyer for advice because the Court order has been broken. With him out of the country this is harder to do, but she could ask her lawyer whether it is worth filing a complaint in case he returns to DR again.

I think I know who this friend of yours is - if I'm right I recall years ago when she bought this machine she was in touch with us for some advice about setting up a company. Nice lady - great shame it turned out this way for her. My best wishes to her.

Great thread title LJ!

Thanks Lambada, Yes it is someone you know. She and this man have been seperated for two years or more now, he returned to the DR to visit his family and sold it with out her knowledge and then returned to Germany.

She only knows it was sold to someone in Puerta Plata but obviously this ex boyfriend of hers will not give her anymore information.

I will suggest she contact her lawyer, but i just thought even if it was unlikely to be legally viable that she could tell this ex of hers that she is going to report it stolen and that his brother who was responsible for running the machine at the time is connected etc...

I know alot of the men find this funny but it really was a very expensive machine and what this man has done is not right. She has been so supportive of me that the least i could do was ask around for some advice.

i do realize more than likely she will never see one peso of this money, but that is not right!

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Maybe he's following this thread. Looks like a pre-emptive strike to keep her from taking any available legal(or other)action.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I can't believe it...the ex boyfriend actually deposited $1,000 in my friends account yesterday!! He stills owes her more but wow...i am shocked!

How splendid. Your thoughts must have telepathically communicated themselves.........;). Mind you, getting the word out might have been enough. Can I suggest something? Your friend should capitalise on this situation by encouraging & expecting, say, $1000 to be paid every month for the next 9 (or whatever the total amount due is). She can call it the Puerto Plata Payment Plan :cheeky:. If he keeps paying, she doesn't take legal (or other) action. If he stops paying, post that info here because I have some other ideas. I won't post those here in case 2dlight is right, but if they're needed I'll PM you.