Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: I scream!!

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I scream!!

    Ok this one is for a friend who is not a dr1 member but i said i would post and see if anyone could help.

    She bought one of those ridiculously expensive Italian Ice cream machines for $20,000 american dollars!!..you know the ones like Mr. Whippy. When her and her long time partner (Dominican) went their seperate ways it was court ordered that if the machine was sold the proceeds would be divided equally between her and her ex partner. Even though the machine was paid for by her and in her name...but thats another story.

    Anyway after two years of my friend struggling to sell the machine and keeping in running the said ex boyfriend returned from Germany sold the machine to someone in Puerta PLata and buggered off to Germany with all the money. She only found out it had been sold after he had dissapeared.

    She contacted the ex boyfriend and he said that he had been paid 50% and was going to tell the man who bought the machine for $8,000 to give my friend the other 50% ...yeah likely story!

    As this ummmm gentleman has left the country is there anything she can do?

    His brother was running and responsible for the machine, could she get him arrested for aiding and abetting..as i suppose in theory it was stolen????????

    By the way if you have bought a Ice cream machine from a a$$hole domnican , send me a PM Lol!

    x

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Call the Hotline

    Call the sankie hotline. It is called SWAN.
    Sankie Wins Another.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ha ha
    funny story.
    do ya really think there can be anything done afterwards??
    the only solution in her favor would have been to sell the machine gerself to a friend of her's right away after ordered, for let's say 1000 bucks, pass 50% 500 bucks to her ex-sankie of course with a written receipt and leave him in peace on his sankie business in germany while you gals still have the machine here, lol.
    count it on 'paradise' experiences
    Mike

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    ha ha
    funny story.
    do ya really think there can be anything done afterwards??
    the only solution in her favor would have been to sell the machine gerself to a friend of her's right away after ordered, for let's say 1000 bucks, pass 50% 500 bucks to her ex-sankie of course with a written receipt and leave him in peace on his sankie business in germany while you gals still have the machine here, lol.
    count it on 'paradise' experiences
    Mike

    Funny enough i did suggest something similar just after the courts decision, but she didnt go for it.

    To be honest no i dont think anything can be done and yes he was or i guess still is a sankie. But she has been a great friend to me and wanted to see if i could help her out.

    The only thing i thought was for her to go to the police and report the machine stolen, or to report that her employee had sold the machine. Well something along those lines, as in reality it has been stolen...right?

    Anyway if anyone can help or suggest something i would be greatful, and i would appreciate no more sankie comments as she really is a great person and im never quite sure why people are so overjoyed when a sankie gets one over on someone.

    anyway this is not the mars and venus section, so if anyone has any legal advice that would be great,

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,706
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by laurajane View Post
    Ok this one is for a friend who is not a dr1 member but i said i would post and see if anyone could help.
    She bought one of those ridiculously expensive Mr. Whippy Italian Ice cream Vans.

    Anyway after two years of my friend struggling to sell the machine and keeping in running the said ex boyfriend returned from Germany sold the machine to someone in Puerta PLata and buggered off to Germany with all the money. She only found out it had been sold after he had dissapeared.

    She contacted the ex boyfriend and he said that he had been paid 50% and was going to tell the man who bought the machine for $8,000 to give my friend the other 50% ...yeah likely story!

    As this ummmm gentleman has left the country is there anything she can do?
    Look no further maybe we have found it
    CUMMINGS ORIGINAL BODY MK23 ICE CREAM VAN 1995 (M) on eBay, also Other Commercial Vehicles, Other Commercial Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 10-Dec-08 18:28:57 GMT) Should have posted this in the Clown Bin LOL

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't she just buy an other ice cream machine??
    I have one for sale. It's an italian Bravo machine.
    Seriously, I have one for sale!

    TheHun

  7. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    3,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In reality I bought the machine for 10,000 dollars not 8,000 but I paid him in full,you need to go after him for 5,000 dollars. But man is the ice cream really good.

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laurajane View Post
    Funny enough i did suggest something similar just after the courts decision, but she didnt go for it.

    To be honest no i dont think anything can be done and yes he was or i guess still is a sankie. But she has been a great friend to me and wanted to see if i could help her out.

    The only thing i thought was for her to go to the police and report the machine stolen, or to report that her employee had sold the machine. Well something along those lines, as in reality it has been stolen...right?

    Anyway if anyone can help or suggest something i would be greatful, and i would appreciate no more sankie comments as she really is a great person and im never quite sure why people are so overjoyed when a sankie gets one over on someone.

    anyway this is not the mars and venus section, so if anyone has any legal advice that would be great,

    Thanks
    seriously Laura,
    do ya really wana tell me such is some kind of "theft"???
    sorry for your friend,
    but how could a employee "take/steel" that machine and sell it for his s..(i don't mention that name in respect of you) - friend and really send him the money over there?
    maybe they are a S.. -MOB or such, maybe that machine been placed somewhere where everybody could take it.
    hey,
    do her a favor and get her a new date
    and all will be just fine.,

    HUN,
    i don't ask who sold it,
    what's the exact brand/serie and what's the cost?

    Mike

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    In reality I bought the machine for 10,000 dollars not 8,000 but I paid him in full,you need to go after him for 5,000 dollars. But man is the ice cream really good.

    Do they come with sprinkles on top!
    Last edited by mike l; 12-09-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Serious spelling mistake

  10. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    Do they come with sprinkles on top!
    hey guys,
    now i really get interested.
    still looking for the right extraordinary "reyes" which suits my boy and the Mrs and myself the same time(sure i am the one who 'manages the machine in the house, lol).
    how much is it???
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •