Orange GSM Frequency

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Right this is the 1900 range but there is 2 spot with 800.

1) Las americas airport
2) I do not remenber where on North coast (not Las Terenas for sure)

P.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Sorry not 800 but 900.

This is the info I have , you should update directly with Orange.

1900 MHZ (utilizada en todo el territorio nacional)

900 MHZ (utilizada solamente en algunas zonas)

En nuestro pa?s, la banda de frecuencia utilizada a nivel nacional es la 1900 MHZ. Tambi?n tenemos disponible la banda 1800 MHZ, pero s?lo en las siguientes zonas:

Sos?a.

Cabarete.

Ubero Alto (Higuey).

B?varo (Higuey).

Punta Cana (La Romana).

Bayah?be (La Romana).

Aeropuerto de Las Am?ricas.

En todas estas zonas espec?ficas funcionan las dos bandas de frecuencia (1900MHZ y 1800MHZ).

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
when Orange will have 3G?

when Orange will have 3G??:disappoin

Well ! first: Give them a chance to be able to carry a simple SMS.!

It may take (often) 2 days to get an SMS Orange to Orange.

Second : Give them a chance to be able to offer a decent cell phone service. System is out of service hours everyday.
You are never sure to be able to get a call or give a call.

P.

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
Well, I probably use all the frequencies since my phone is quad band, without knowing it....
I've been with Orange for 8 years while my wife has Claro and the service was better when it was Verizon but now, it's more or less the same.
I hope the number portability due next year will push the wireless carriers to offer better services.

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
Looking better.... they use the 1800 in tourist zones for the european tourists without tri or quad band phones. So they can charge them with the extremely expensive roaming calls.
And speaking of roaming, a friend of mine went to Italy for a week with its Blackberry from Claro and he receive a roaming bill of 12.000 pesos, mostly for data roaming!

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Have you try with VIVA, now the coverage is better than when they launched the GSM service in April 08, and the cost per calls is 50% less to all numbers.

Soul Siesta

Jun 2, 2005
www.brothersandsistersonline.com
Orange GSM - a simple question......I guess?

Ok here is the deal. I got a phone (Motorola C115) phone for use while in the country. Nothing flashy....just need to talk. The phone is unlocked, but I have a question about the "frequency". The brochure indicates the phone will work with any GSM Service Provider that is on a GSM 850 or GSM 1900 Network. I know I have to buy a Orange SIM card once I arrive. Is this phone compatible relative to the frequency.

Another question....is it true that frequencies are the same globally? Meaning, for example, a GSM 1900 network/frequency is not specific to a particular country. (i.e. GSM network 1900 in RD vs. GSM network 1900 in US)....or is it all the same.

Thanks!